1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Gaming Podcast 10 - Mass Effect 2 and AvP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Feb 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Great podcast as usual :)

3. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

+1 Love the podcasts, keep 'em coming.

Regarding subtitles in games - Joe, I am exactly the same. I always enable subtitles, and in Mass Effect I read them and get the gist of what's happening before the character has finished talking. So I have force myself to not look at them sometimes and, in the case of Mass Effect, slow down and take it all in.

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Cheers guys, downloading Beyond Good and Evil from GOG as I type :thumb:

5. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

the sound quality has deffo gone up in the last 2 podcasts, that's much appreciated.

Another great podcast, I think I'll have to go play ME since I never did and then I can check ME2 out!

6. CardJoe

Let us know what you think.

7. Radical_Monkey

Radical_Monkey Dremel > Lightsabre

So i take it there is a bit about Mass Effect 2 in this podcast? :p

8. CardJoe

What's Mass Effect 2? :eyebrow:

9. oMonarca

oMonarca Elitist Brick

Hello there!

Most of the podcast is really good, but you're coming up like total Steam fanbois. I understand that since Steam adopted UK pricing (and adjusted it), it's been really good, for you in the UK. For us in the rest of Europe, not so much.

The service is good, no question there. But:
    It fails quite a few times (friends list down, making impossible to play any online game that uses Steam);
    When a game gets patched, the download servers take a huge load and there's not enough mirrors to help out.
    Games are over priced. I can import a game for 25£ from Amazon.co.uk, but the same game will be 49.99€ on Steam. In games like Left 4 Dead or Dawn of War 2, the impact is null. However, the majority does not work like that: Dragon Age, Batman Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect, etc

I feel like we are going towards a monopoly. And if we take to heart the old adage "all good things come to an end", I shiver. While the digital alternatives are lacklustre when compared to Steam, they are welcome, IMO. You guys keep touting Steam as the best thing EVAH, while I think that Steam is pretty good but, we, the consumers, benefit when there's more alternatives.

So, welcome Direct 2 Drive.

10. jesusthemazu

jesusthemazu What's a Dremel?

you all talked about gettinga laptop to do your other work and a console for games. i have done something like that.

i have a laptop that i have been trying to keep up to date for the last 3 years. a compaq presario 1.9ghz dual core AMD laptop. i do everything on this BUT gaming.

i have a rig i built myself with two 8800gts, a dual core AMD Athlon x2 6000+ overclocked to 3.4ghz and i do nothing but game on it.

its like my life and my hobbies, i like to keep them seperate. but, i also travel between my home and another so i dont always need to game as i do get online.

11. Skibo1219

Skibo1219 Brains...the other white meat.

I did not purchase ME2 mainly because Dragon Age was such a failure of a launch, without getting into details I will say this, the FIRST time i called for an issue I had to wait for over 2 hours on the phone, the 2nd time was worse...(;

Tags: Add Tags