1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft warns of Internet Explorer zero-day vulnerability

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Jan 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I once knew a ne'er-do-well who'd admitted to doing 35mph in a 30mph zone, I know, shocking isn't it. Anyway I fessed him up to the pigs, mind you this could also have had something to do with him having his dabs on my wifes sparklers, no-one has their dabs on my wifes sparklers apart from me. Anyways Freddie ' The Fingers' Finlinson is doin chokey at her majesty's pleasure and has just found out why Mr Big is called Mr Big when he went to pick up his soap in the showers..... Happy Easter

3. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

If people are still using IE 6, 7 or 8 then they do sort of deserve these problems. IE9 has been out for 21 months, surely that is long enough for businesses to upgrade?

4. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Except that most of the local businesses I know of still use XP. They don't see the worth of upgrading to 7.

I'm sure that most small businesses that bought used computers years ago, before 7 was released, downgraded to XP from Vista.

Oh, and 9 isn't available on XP.

5. monkeydud

monkeydud What's a Dremel?

We were stuck on ie5 in the hospital In work at and they have only gone to 7.seems stupid to me to leave themselves so open to issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

There is very often old company specific software around that doesn't play nice with newer IE versions (not even to mention alternative browsers) due to those "new" browsers often adhering to standards while a lot of company internal software was written specifically for the old IE versions that didn't follow standards.
    Plus many companies lock down the internet heavily anyway for the bulk of employees, so the risk isn't as big as if you where to use those ancient IE versions at home, although personally I'd still call it grossly irresponsible.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

^That. In my previous job we had 2 office PCs ( each one for specific etail stuff ), both running XP. One was neutered so that internet access was disabled from the headoffice end ( despite my best efforts.. ), it could only receive product updates, label files & price corrections, plus transmit orders via specific software. The other had IE6 but was run through proxy software so that no executable files could be ran ( not even windows updates- the irony... ) & any website deemed non-productive was blocked.

Home users is another issue though- anyone not totally computer illiterate should be more upto date....