1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards One Last Motherboard Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by masterjonny, 2 Apr 2010.

1. masterjonny

masterjonny What's a Dremel?

Over the last week or so I've been spamming these forums with various questions on my build, and I'm sure your all getting sick of the sight of me by now, but this really is it :p

My Gigabyte X58A-UD7 is being RMA'd as the audio chip has gone mad, for want of a better description. It thinks things are being plugged in and out of it faster than you can blink. This on top of the memory error's I was getting before flashing the BIOS has left me with a bit of a bitter taste about the board. Faults are to be expected, but not on one of the most expensive motherboards there is.

Anyway I've been looking into alternatives, as I've requested a refund off Aria not a replacement and I would like a bit of advice on them.

Basically I found that putting TriFire in my 1200 would be annoying as it needs 8 backplates, so now I'm only really looking for boards that allow this, but within the 7 PCI plate standard.

BTW, dont really factor in value as it's student loan day soon, but cus I'm a student warden I get free accommodation, so for me its all spending monies :p

* The EVGA X58
    A year old, but has the perfect layout for what I'm attempting. However can an older board do my high end bit's justice?

* The Asus Rampage III Extreme
    I can wait a few weeks working on a cr@ppy laptop, as I saw on Asus's Forums a mod posted saying it went into mass production on the 25/03, so launch is 'imminent'. Perfect layout, but is gonna blow such a hole in my wallet

* The P6T6 WS Revolution
    Everything I read about it makes it sound like a 'businessy' board, and the heatsinks look a little on the feeble side, coming from a UD7. Limited overclocking options from what I read, but then again I highly doubt I ever would.

* The P6T7 SuperComputer (My current preference)
    Perfect layout, looks absolutley bad ass. But again it looks like a very 'serious' board, and all I really want is to play GRID across 3 monitors :p. Any mobo that describes itself as good for "Modelling, Content Creation and CAD" worries me, none of those sound like Crysis ;)

My interpretation of these boards is rather primitive I know. And my belief that the Rampage will game better just because it's red, and the stern looking workstation boards can only run office is probably wrong.

Just looking for some second opinions.

Cheeeeeers

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

everytime you buy evga.. a baby seal gets beaten in the artic by a guy named joe

3. masterjonny

masterjonny What's a Dremel?

Hahahaha!

Well that nails that coffin firmly shut.

I'm all for irrational hatreds, but may I ask why? :lol: