1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Rampage III Officially Up For Order!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by masterjonny, 3 Apr 2010.

1. masterjonny

masterjonny What's a Dremel?

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Excited for a £330 motherboard? I don't think so.

3. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

I cant wait for its release! I'm very excite!

4. masterjonny

Your avatar is a bit of a clue you would be :lol:

5. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Ya but DAMN! 330 Euro is like 450 Canadian. I not very happy if this is the case. Just my RAM and this motherboad would drop me close to a thousand dollars.

6. masterjonny

Last edited: 3 Apr 2010
  7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Soooo true and I heard that from some people that worked with M$ hence my local.

8. Sh0cKeR

Sh0cKeR a=2(s-ut)/t²

I'm happy with my Rampage II. I got mine in August 09' for £240 ish, plus I don't see the point when only USB 3.0 and sata 6.0 have been added.

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

LOL at the price. Sorry but I really don't understand why anyone would pay for one. Sure, it's probably going to be a good clocker, but without LN2 it just doesn't make a difference...

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want it, but my GF may go crazy and moan about shoes. Plus i can't afford the CPU or RAM currently, but atleast i'd be able to stroke it...

11. eternal_fantasy

eternal_fantasy What's a Dremel?

Sensibility... :grr: I guess any way to justify NOT buying one! :thumb:

Anyway by the look of enthusiastic posts around the web OcUK have most likely already sold out their first allocation of this motherboard. :rock:

I know I can't wait for mine to arrive! The i7 980X box sitting on my shelf look too... unopen :D

12. eternal_fantasy

You can suck on my... 980X! Or lick the box... as it's yet to be opened! :thumb:

13. eternal_fantasy

Linking from another thread, you obviously realised that you are posting in a forum provided by a magazine/website dedicated to "hardware enthuasts", yet from the tone of your post it seems you are hardly "enthusiastic" about hardware, at least ones that you can not afford/deemed "overpriced".

Dismissing a top-of-the-line, boundary pushing peice of computer hardware solely on the price the e-tailer decides to charge for it frankly disgust me, and every time a post like yours crops up in a hardware enthusiast forum have me thinking you are better suited in Dell's Value for Money section of their forum. Must be sad to only ever be excited about what you can afford. If it wern't for these companies pushing the limit, we'd probably still be playing solitaire on beige boxes.

I guess there is a time and a place for posts with value in mind, maybe a thread asking for help specing a system on a budget, or opening poster asking for hardware advice. But this thread is neither. Your post is just as useless and waste of forum space as my post above quoting your rubbish.

14. Jipa

You, sir, just lost rep.

After all the rant you still failed to tell how exactly does the motherboard push any boundaries whatsoever? Except ofcourse pushing the price to the ridiculous zone.

Getting excited about expensive stuff you can't afford is one thing, getting excited about a new motherboard that packs the same chipset and also pretty much the same feature set as all the previous 1336-boards is another.

15. eternal_fantasy

lol

16. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

I ... don't get it?

17. eternal_fantasy

The rep silliness aside, let's talk about "pushing the price to the ridiculous zone".

let's say 3 years ago for £100 you could buy a motherboard with XYZ features. What you are saying is that to get a motherboard with the same XYZ features today you'd need to pay £100+. Is that the case? NO!

For £100 today you can actually get a motherboard with much more feature/better build quality then you can hope to purchase 3 years ago. Therefore the price for hardware has actually been dropping, value has increased, and the then top of the line features trickles down to the mainstream.

So you think charging £330 for a motherboard is too much. Most likely many others think like you. But others know that computer hardware do not scale in terms of performance/feature linearly with price, so as you add performance, the price grows exponentially. Would you rather companies come out with motherboards costing from £30-£200 or whatever you think is a reasonable price for a motherboard, and anything else is pointless exercise in "pushing the price to the ridiculous zone"?

As my "rant" so you called point out, price of a product is secondary to what the product actually represent. "pretty much the same feature set as all the previous 1336-boards is another"... That line basically tells me that you either genuinely don't know what "features" this motherboard actually brings, or like to generalise, as long as the board can do XYZ, they are all the same.

• Can any previous 1336 boards be connected via Bluetooth with a mobile to overclock on the hardware level?
    • Can any previous 1336 boards be connected via USB to another computer/laptop to overclock and monitor the motherboard's voltage/boot sequence/temperature on the hardware level?
    • Does any previous 1336 boards have CPU PWMs that can operate both efficiently similar to analog or aggressively similar to digital solutions?

These are just some of the original " features" of the R3E you conveniently dismiss as "pretty much the same".

I guess once you put yourself out as a "value for money" kind of person on this forum, you have to stick to your gun or you'd lose "rep" with the community, even though you know my arguement is better then yours... just like my CPU.

18. eternal_fantasy

Telling a poster with <10 posts at the time of posting, that you have "just lost rep", in a semi-serious tone, made me laugh. What is this "rep" he referred to? Do I use it to earn free delivery with bit-tech/CustomPC? Does losing "rep" make my argument less credible? Does this forum have a Rep-o-meter to see how much of this good stuff I have gathered over the entirety of my 10 posts?

But most importantly... Should I care? :confused:

19. Jipa

Clocking gadget-malarkey comes and goes, who really even uses those? Anyway I just think you missed my point by about ten thousand miles so there's not much reason to continue :) Have a nice day, no hard feelings. The rep is just a joke, IMO it's just about as silly an idea as the clocking-over-bluetooth-or-whatever.

20. masterjonny

Without getting too involved in a flame war this is why I want one. It looks hella nice, I want a super top end motherboard, granted I'll never use it but who cares, it gives me a warm fluffy feeling.

I look at it that same way I look at why I buy my clothes from Topman instead of Primark or Asda. It will do the same job as a cheaper option, in the clothes analogy cover my goolies, but it's something 'nice' to own, and hell I just want one. Completely unjustified want :lol: