1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus P6T SE - bent pins

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MaverickWill, 18 May 2010.

1. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Ello chaps,

I bought a motherboard on eBay to replace my now-dead Asus P6T Deluxe - being short on funds, I opted for an Asus P6T SE for £110, thinking it'd do me for now, and with a C0 chip, wouldn't limit me too much. The board arrived this morning, and to my dismay, came without a backplate, and with a bent socket pin. A closer read of the auction itself says the motherboard comes with box, manual and CD only, but mentions nothing about the condition of the motherboard except that it is "used and in fully working order".

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. However, the seller in his settings states he doesn't accept returns/refunds. Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I should go about claiming a refund for the board? I've got pictures of the motherboard/socket as it arrived, so I'm able to send evidence to eBay should I need to.

Much obliged,

Will

2. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

Well are you able to bend the pin back? Because if you can get the board working then you are done. A pic would help to see the so anyone here can comment on the damage, untill then it is hard for us to know how bad it is...

3. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I'm not sure I've got the nerve to try and bend it back. I'd much rather get my cash back than fumble around with miniature pins. I'm more specifically after advice regarding how I get this board back to the guy and get a refund to buy a new board, rather than possibly doing more damage to the board and having no chance of a refund.

4. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

Right, well I would first send a message to the seller with the pics and tell him you story. If he is an A**hole then you're stuck with final sale, and there is nothing you or eBay can do about it.

I would still like to see how bad it is, if you have a second.

5. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

If the 'damage' was not mentioned in sale description and if the seller denies responsiblity then you must go through ebay's dispute proceedure. I think I'm right in saying that if this does not resolve the issue you can then claim against ebay who will cough up most, but not all of your outlay (you wont get the p&p for example).

The seller may try and claim it was damaged in the post... how was it sent, was it adequately boxed and was it insured?

The first rule of ebay though should always be ...be prepared to be disappointed!

Last edited: 18 May 2010
  6. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

if it was advertised as 'in fully working order' then you should be able to take it to ebay and open a dispute.

can we have pics?

7. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

If it was advertised as used but in fully working order, then the seller has mislead you. If you open up a dispute, eBay/PayPal will definitely side with you, so go down that route.