1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SteelSeries Siberia v2 Frost Blue review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 Oct 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Toasted Rofls

Toasted Rofls What's a Dremel?

"As such, it remains a solid choice, just not the best."

I love how upfront and direct you guys are about this sort of stuff. It's like when you are discussing technology with a friend, you tend to make candid statements like "sure, it's powerful, but XXX is by far cheaper and only 5% slower, it's just the better choice." It's you being honest about the product. "Yeah, it's good, but XXX is still probably the one you want."

Far to often reviewers just look at things in a vacuum, and while that's appropriate at certain times, like when looking at the extreme end of enthusiast equipment, where all that matters to 99% of the people buying it is sheer performance, almost everything else needs to be weighted against peers, and I'm glad you guys do that in every review.

3. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

4. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Does anyone actually buy this version? For £60-70 you can get one of the many other colours which make the headset much more worth the price tag.

Would you guys still rate the Vucan above it when taking into consideration the less expensive colours? (Black/White can be had for £60, others for £60-70)

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Zimmer frames and wheelchairs pop into my head for some reason.

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

It's hard to judge how alike they'd be, at least in terms of noise quality, as the different coloured Siberia v2 headsets are connected by 3.5mm jacks, and thus lack the built-in soundcard, while the Siberia v2 USB appears to feature a different, 7.1 virtual surround soundcard instead of the stereo one of the Frost Blue. As the hardware in the other headsets thus differs, however slightly, from the Frost Blue, I wouldn't want to recommend them outright, although I'm sure they'd be just as comfortable!

7. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Nice system to go with the colour scheme:
    [​IMG]

8. matt...

matt... Slacker

While I don't have a great comparison point other than some high-end Sony circumaural headphones (they did noise-cancelling at a slightly lower price point than Bose with just as good sound as far as I could tell) the 'basic' SteelSeries siberia V2s are excellent. Matched up with a basic Asus Xonar dgx sound card they really do sound excellent whether listening to music or gaming

They are fantastically comfortable and well recommended for just shy of £50....

9. undertaken316

undertaken316 Banned

I was looking for a more detailed look at the Siberia V2 especially the lue forst ediiton and I stumbled upon this awesome review. It convinced me :)

http://youtu.be/V1gwgFpKaJQ

Tags: Add Tags