1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Time for a new mouse!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 21 Nov 2014.

1. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Hello Guys,
    So it has been a few years from I have built my PC and I have went through several Mice. I had a RAT 3 which I absolutely loved (died). A RAT7 (Tracking was awful) I also had/have a Mionix Naos 3200 which I am not to sure I like so much anymore. I was told over multiple forums that it was the be all and end all at the time. And it was good at the start, comfy to use etc but now it feels big and clumsy. :(

Currently In work I am using a Steelseries GW2 edition mouse which I think is the reason my Naos doesnt feel as great anymore.

I am a Programmer/Designer/Heavy gamer and I am looking for something new to use at the house. I have a great Steelseries mouse mat that I paid a good bit of money for as it is no longer in production. It is one of the solid black hard mats I forget the exact name and cant look atm as I am in work. So if I could keep using that, that would be a bonus.

But the main question is what sort of options would you guys recommend as a replacement? I have been spending some time looking at Zowie Mice, whats the verdict on them? Are they reliable, comfortable, good for gaming, good tracking etc the usual questions.

I cant seem to work out what their best model is going by the site?
    Honestly for something that gets this much use I am not going to take cost into consideration. Obviously I wont spend ridiculous money but I am willing to spend.

Thanks in advance :thumb: and apologies for such a long post,
    Luke.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Not that i own one but everything i have read about the Zowie EC eVo highly recommends it and i wish i bought one when i replaced my mouse last year, instead i got a SS Sensei and while i can't fault the tracking the shape is a little off for the way i hold a mouse.

If i had a spare £50 i would buy the Zowie EC eVo, AFAIK both the EC1 and EC2 are the same internally, with the EC2 being a bit larger.

3. jebk

jebk What's a Dremel?

Depends alot on how you like your mice, did you have your RATs fully extended? I moved from a rat 7 with the high rist to a roccat kone and love it, but it is a big mouse.

4. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Yeah that's the mouse I have been looking at! Hoping a mouse guru can come along and help me out here!
    No the rat 3 only had the one size option and it was the best of the lot.

5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I personally use a Roccat Kone XTD, it's the best mouse I've owned to date and I'd definitely recommend it. I use the shift function all the time.

They're currently £58 on amazon but you can pick them up for around £50 if you bide your time and keep your eyes open.

6. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

That looks like an awesome mouse, noticed any disadvantages or problems with it? So many good mice around at the minute not to sure what to go for. Corsair mice seem to be nice and get good reviews.

Where is the mouse wizard these days?! This is LukeDaly calling hamza_tm, I repeat this is LukeDaly calling hamza_tm! I need your assistance!

Last edited: 24 Nov 2014
  7. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Apart from the questionable achievements and accompanying voice alerts from the software (which can just be disabled) my only (minor) complaint is that the feet wore down quite quickly on mine. It's mainly been used with my Mionix Propus 380 surface (which is hard with a slightly grainy texture) and also occasionally on the wooden desk surface without a mat. I assume they'd last longer on a softer surface like cloth. It's not a massive issue though, I contacted Roccat and they sent me a new set of feet free of charge.

I find it comfortable to use, the build quality's good, I've had no issues at all with its performance and it's very feature rich.

8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I'm using a Logitech G602 at the moment. It's every bit as good as the MX518 it replaced, but wireless...oh, and extremely well built based on the number of times I've dropped it.

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

10. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Another vote for a Roccat Kone here, I have this at work and a RAT 7 at home, the Kone is a much more comfortable mouse (I believe I actually bought it off of Hamza a year or so ago)

11. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

Just a shout for the cheap end of spectrum

Gigabyte m6900 which Ive picked up for £15. Has a tilt wheel so can horizontal scroll. Thumb buttons are nice position. On my second now (first one I wore out the right/left click buttons, they still work (have it as spare for laptop) just not reliably enough to game with)

Only real complaint is the textured rubberised coating is a pita to clean gunk off off.

12. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Thread hijack alert

Can you expand this a little? My MX518 looks like its about to crap out. I went from from a MX1000 (best mouse ever) to a Revolution (which i hated) to the MX518 (Which I love to bits)

13. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Picked up a g502 via the amazon lightening deal for 35. Will let you guys know how I get on with it.

14. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Minix Saiph...top rodent.