1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Switching headphones / speakers

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by damienVC, 26 Aug 2009.

1. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Is there is a way of switching between headphones and speakers easily?

I've got my PC350s going straight into my X-Fi gamer soundcard, but am thinking about getting some (Bose) speakers as well - but want to be able to switch between the outputs easily. I don't want to use the front ports as I've heard that this degrades the quality of the sound, and I don't want to be unplugging and plugging stuff in every time I want to change from speakers to headphones either. It looks messy as well (that's my OCD coming out)!

Anyone got any suggestions? Cheers in advance.

2. mattc9305

mattc9305 What's a Dremel?

Sorry, I do not have any personal experience with this soundcard. Are there any options within the software that came with your device. A control centre or something similar? My best bet would be to become familiar with your software or check in the manual.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The way I do it is to have an extension from a 2-way splitter: one with my speakers plugged in, the other for my cans. Then I just unplug the headphones when they're not needed, tuck the lead away somewhere. :)