1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics *Sorted* Inexpensive 3 output card (pref without adaptors)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arboreal, 5 Jan 2017.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I am now thinking of getting a GTX660 (or donating mine and getting something better...) to run 3 monitors.
    I'll need DVI-I + DVI-D + HDMI (2 HDMI would be OK at a pinch)
    Any other sensible suggestions for a card? Again, I have no particular Red/Green bias, but would like to avoid DP to DVI adaptors if possible

The PC has an 8 yr old 500W cheapish PSu with no graphics card cables, so was thinking about doing it a favour and spending £40 on a PSU.
    I like Scan's free delivery, so was thinking about the Silverstone 500W Strider.
    Any other recommendations at that money and power output (400W+)?

**Edit - Bought a lovely GTX660 Cheesecake on the MP from meandmymouth :thumb:**

Last edited: 24 Jan 2017
  2. doobleshaft

doobleshaft What's a Dremel?

After past experience I tend not to skimp too much on power supplies. CIT have been ok for me but I don't use them on my gaming rig. There I had an expensive for the time Antec power supply but that blew up thankfully under warranty and I have had a solid 650w one since that cost around £80.

Consider this power supply

For the card you plan to use out of interest it's worth checking something. I have three outputs on all mine but discovered that only 1 can be used at a time. One card that should do what you need as an ATI Fire MV. There are similar Matrox external adapters and Nvidia cards too some of which have DVI output.

You could use a NVidia NVS440 card which can give you up to 4 displays with I believe all being DVI. I found one on eBay for around £40.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants