1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Dead GPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Invictus., 9 Jan 2017.

1. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Hi there,

I got in tonight, went to turn my PC on and nothing happened at all.. was a bit stumped to say the least as I was last on my PC at ~9.30pm last night. The first thing I noticed having taken my side panel off is the "GEFORCE" was not glowing green on my GTX1070 (ZOTAC reference design). From here I've tried all PCIe slots I have along with all cables I have and with the 1070 connected nothing happens at all when you try to power the system.

When the GPU is removed the machine boots without issue, I've also then tried my old GTX770 and it worked first time (currently using).

I purchased it 2 months and 3 days ago from Overclockers and I plan to pop along tomorrow as I work down the road from their shop to see if they can test it / start the ball rolling at least on a repair / replacement.

I'm just posting here just to be sure so to speak that it is my GPU at fault? so I don't pop along and look like a bit of an idiot really! :)

2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Sounds like the GPU to me.

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Sounds like there's a short somewhere on the card, or it's just died (which is strange so early on). Either way, definitely take it to the shop.

4. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Cheers for the replies :) Going to give it one last quick test in work to triple check it isn't my power supply for some reason can't handle it (which wouldnt make senses as it draws less than a 770) then head over to the shop on an early lunch. Hopefully they can test it there and then and replace or worst case start the RMA process to send to Zotac etc.