Connections Advice (kinda urgent)

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Kehoe, 25 Aug 2015.

1. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Hi guys, just ordered a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm, After reading online apparently you cannot swap the barbs over :-/ as they are not standard g1/4 threads Ok no biggie it says under the spec it uses 3/8, i currently run my rig with 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Primochill hose, but when i've looked online there is also 3/8"ID-5/8"OD Hoses, the card just says Supported Tube Size 3/8 inch. Will my existing tubing work, as if so i can just clamp it on.

Looking at the card i think its going to be 3/8"-5/8"

Really hoping someone can help >_< so if i cannot use this card i can cancel it and save posting it back

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

The review here says you can replace the barbs so you should be able to use fittings of your choice. I think you might be confusing the port size with the barb size.

3. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

the review here, and info i found here say you cannot swap the barbs, but the website just says they take 3/8 tubing.

4. Big Elf

You're right it looks like they use non standard threads. Zotac are idiots.

Last edited: 25 Aug 2015
  5. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

the barb connection isnt g1/4 its m18 apparently, thats according to the 2nd link, i don't mind if i cant swap the barbs im trying to find out if something that takes 3/8's, is that the same regardless of the OD. If it says ID3/8s

6. Big Elf

Yes, if the ID is 3/8" then because they're barbs you can use tubing with any 3/8"ID, 1/2"OD or 3/8"ID, 5/8"OD. Bear in mind if you did plan to SLI a pair in future it would be difficult to connect 2 cards and you wouldn't be able to use hardline tubing.

7. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

thanks, i dont plan to sli, 1 card will do everything i'll ever want it to.

fingers crossed it all goes smooth. i'll still try one of my barbs i have but i've got backups now at least

thanks ^_^