1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Starcraft...the original

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xir, 20 Apr 2017.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

So, this and Brood wars has been released for free by Blizzard.
    Kudos to them, and I thought I'd give it a go again after so many years.
    Now I hear this version should have uprated graphics, but I can't find a resolution setting anywhere.
    Does anyone know where to change the resolution?

Xir

2. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I've been toying with the idea of replaying this (played it some time in the 90's/00's) for a while, and I've been looking forward to the free to play release since it was announced.

Just clicked download now, so can't help with the resolution thing but... If anyone fancies a bit of light hearted multiplayer maybe we can organise something???

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

As far as I remember, this free release was literally just StarCraft/Brood Wars fixed to work on modern OSes. The 'remaster' (which is coming in the summer?) has updated graphics options, etc. Basically original Starcraft on SCII engine, I think. And the remaster will cost money. Hopefully Blizzard aren't too evil with the pricing, as I'd really like to play through the whole story again.

4. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

This. The released free version is simply patched for modern OS, the HD Remaster coming in summer will be purchased. But no doubt, popular.

Hopefully WC3 will see a similar HD remaster, although it still looks pretty good in my opinion.