1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Looking for Mac and PC Multiplayer Offline

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bluespider42, 14 Dec 2014.

1. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Ok so I'm looking for games that will run on both Mac and PC, have good multiplayer and don't require an internet connection. (ie. can be hosted locally).
    Ideally not too high system requirements (2 year mac book pro or similar)

Usually for games on my laptop I go for slightly older games, but these tend to be windows only.
    Newer titles often rely on internet connectivity for multiplayer.

Any suggestions?

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Any particular type of game you're after? (RPG, Platform, FPS, Puzzle, Fighting, Racing and so on)

If you both have Steam, you can browse their store's list of games (while you have Internet obviously) and narrow searches down by either those that are on both platforms and those that support local multi-player.
    I wouldn't put in more than one filter at a time as it seems to often confuse their search system and give you mostly DLC with just a few games in between.

Here's a few that I play locally with my family & friends when we're all together (my sister uses a MacBook Pro so these are confirmed to work cross-platform):

Trine 2
    FORCED
    Screencheat (only played this once so far, but the concept is so much fun and confusing)
    Dungeon Defenders

We're also planning on trying these few (currently unconfirmed how well they work cross-platform):
    Fight The Dragon
    Gang Beasts
    Starbound
    Shadowgrounds Survivor

3. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

Diablo 2 would be my recommendation. The game is awesome. Supports LAN and is a blast to play co-op. It's old enough that it'll run on just about anything these days.

However there's a pretty big snag. It's not supported on Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later operating system versions. I'm not familiar with Macs so I have no idea how recent that is or if it's even practical but here is a link on how to get it to run if you want to give it a crack:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/playing-older-blizzard-titles-on-mac-os-x-10-7-lion

4. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

5. sourdough

sourdough Minimodder

My other half doesn't normally play games, he usually watches me play. However, he is blown over by Divinity Original Sin's well written dialogue/subtle humour.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D