1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Corsair Obsidian 450D or Phanteks Enthoo Pro?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by i_saw_drones, 19 Jul 2014.

1. i_saw_drones

i_saw_drones What's a Dremel?

I recently developed an itch for a new case and have been trying to decide between the Corsair 450D (http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidia...-tower-pc-case) and the Phanteks Enthoo Pro (http://www.phanteks.com/enthoo-pro.html).

The reason for these two is that I wish to have a slightly smaller enclosure that is hopefully a bit quieter, although at the same time has some reasonable airflow - I don't need it completely silent.

I don't really have much time for modding any more (shame!), however, I would like to use a Corsair H100 (or similar) for my CPU in order to keep temps down in the summer and also hopefully reduce the noise a little. My existing system is nothing amazing, just a stock-speed i5 2500K / 8Gb / nVidia 660 / SSD / HDD / DVD-R - it seems to cope with most games I throw at it(!)

I was wondering if anyone had an experience with either of these two cases or has any other recommendations? Thank you!

docodine likes this.
  2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

they're both fine, IMO you could safely make your choice based on aesthetics

reviews of both are pretty widely available

i'd take the enthoo personally, the second window and hidden power supply are nice

the fractal define R4 is also a solid choice for a similar price

3. i_saw_drones

i_saw_drones What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your help views on this - I was secretly leaning towards the Enthoo Pro, but I was looking for someone else's opinion to make up my mind :)

I procrastinated on this for so long that during this time the Enthoo Luxe was finally released, so I had another change of heart and finally went with an Enthoo Luxe when Scan had a "Today Only" offer on it - fingers crossed! :)