1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling New Tubing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WiryRocketeer, 16 Feb 2012.

1. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

Hi, I have the following kit

I was looking for some blue tubing, as my current tubing is stained an alternative colour from my old coolant. I am confused as to which tubing will be appropriate for my current Kit. Please could someone tell me the measurements?

Thanks,

Wiry.

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

That's 3/8" ID tubing, so anything like This will work without any issues.

3. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

Thankyou, Does anyone know what is the most effective? Coloured tubing with distilled water or a clear tubing with coloured coolant.

4. .//TuNdRa

For cooling; Mayhems Nanofluid and Coloured Tubing. For looks; Clear tubing and UV fluid apparently works very well. I've looked at Mayhems Aurora stuff before, too. That looks as if it could be pretty damn nice.

5. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Im personally finding Mayhems pastel (purple) fluid looks great for my system and i have very low temps under load with a decent overclock on both my card and cpu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMUcFNmPE_Y&feature=channel_video_title

Thats what mines looking like , altho i have no lights but the pastel fluids seem excellent and dont need anything added to prevent growth inside the loop.

6. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

Thankyou for the answers. Now it's just a case of what colour scheme to go with. I have a few ideas.

7. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

It doesn't look ike that block comes with fittings, so you can use whatever size fittings you want (almost all fit a G1/4 thread). Just make sure you get the same size fittings and tubing :)

8. .//TuNdRa

It does. The EK Supreme kits are complete setups, only need to add your own coolant.

9. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

I think I'm going to go with a Uv blue colour scheme. Except has anyone had any experience of whether to go with Uv tubing & uv coolant or just clear tubing with the uv coolant. Also whats everyone's recommendations on UV Blue, and which is your favourite coolant? Thanks in advance, Wiry

10. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

My favorite coolant is pure distilled water, no dyes. Had too many issues with poor dyes creating films / separating in the past. There is not much need for it with colored tubing, unless seeing clear in a highly visible res is going to bother you. Distilled water is extremely cheap in comparison to 'special' fluids, and just as effective as most and sometimes more so.
    I prefer to go with colored tubing, and Fesser is my brand of choice. The colors are good looking, but more importantly the tubing is soft almost as nice as tygon. It makes it easy to route and bend more tight without kinks. Also tubing color does not tend to degrade as much as dye color will with extended UV light use.