1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Card Cooler (Vortex Neo) fitting guide

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 3 Jun 2009.

1. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

2. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

Noise?

How quiet are they in operation, some people complain they're pretty noisy?

Cheers

3. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

To be honest mate I cant really answer that lol, they are in a rackmount case with 4 very noisy fans in a very noisy server room :brrr:

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Haha awesome, same here basically. I couldn't tell you how noisy any of the individual fans in my systems are because they are all in the same room and all produce so much noise that they drown each other out :D

5. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

It's a different sort of noise. There is much less 'rushing wind' sound, and more of the fairly deep hummimg sound. I found the latter is more effectively blocked by the side of the case, so overall I'd say quieter than before.

What annoyed me most about these coolers is that you can't quite fit them into normally double spaced slots, they are only a millimetre or so too thick. I think probably this could be fixed with some hot tools (poker? file? dremel?) but I haven't really looked hard. Coolamasta does mention this at the start of his thread, and see the final picture, but I thought I'd emphasise the point.