1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other HTC 8S

Discussion in 'General' started by kaxliysi, 7 Jan 2013.

1. kaxliysi

kaxliysi What's a Dremel?

2. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Only thing that I'd be a bit wary of on there is the 500mb of ram, seems like it would be too low for multiple applications + live tiles + updates simultaneously. Obviously this is the budget phone to go alongside the 8X, I'd wait and see what the Nokia 620 looks like when it comes out next month; as the 920 is the superior of the high-end Windows 8 phones and will give this a run for it's money.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

512MB RAM is not an issue, 512MB is what highend WP7.5 phones had. What is the real issue with 8S for some is the storage space. 4GB total, but you have only ~1.1GB available to you, because the rest is taken by the system. If that is low or not depends on your use case. First, you can use an microSD card for music, video and pictures. 1.1GB will be used for cache (mail, sms, telephone numbers etc) and apps. Unless you are going to install a navigation app which needs gigabytes of space and can't put the files on SD card, you will be fine with it in my opinion.

Alternative is to wait for Lumia 620, which got pretty much identical specs, except it will have 8GB storage and will be priced around 250€.

@Edwards: You do realize 920 is ~600€, 8X and 820 are ~€450-550, while 8S is ~300€ and 620 is going to be ~250€. Suggesting 920 against 8S is like saying "Get a 500€ Samsung Galaxy SIII instead that 100€ ZTE Blade" - it is pointless, they are completely different market segments.

4. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I think you misread my post. I was suggesting waiting for the 620 to compare against the 8s, as the 920 compares favourably against the 8x.

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I also recommend waiting for the Nokia 620 similar spec but better camera and interchangeable cases mean if you damage it, it's a quick fix. If its anything like the 920 then you will enjoy it!