1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Warthunder Adds Tanks...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by rainbowbridge, 14 Jun 2014.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

recent update 1.41

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's crap.

Okay it's not, but I honestly still haven't played Tanks. War Thunder still suffers from what has to be the most baffling paradoxes I've seen in game development in a long long time.

1) The Developers selectively listen. When they say things are complete, they aren't usually complete. And when the community makes an uproar, some of the things are fixed, other are not. Some issues (like the German MG131 damage) have not been fixed for two years.
    2) Balancing; using a statistic based model doesn't account for skill ceiling and pilot/driver quality. So you end up with matches where you still win despite being in an inferior plane (by far) but you win because the enemy is literally being piloted by brainless people.

The problem is that they're stuck in these loops because their explanations are vague "you don't understand these statistics" or "when there are more players it will fix itself". But transparency is respected and increse in player numbers only work when the game itself works.

As of right now, the progression hits a giant brick wall past Tier IV (aviation and tanks) and Gaijin needs to figure out what they want this game to be. Because at this point, they're driving away veteran pilots.

I personally haven't even played tanks because it doesn't interest me. But after about 3 hours with tanks, I realized how unpolished the game is. It's direly unpolished, and releasing more content won't make up for the fact that certain things need fixing.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I got into WarThunder about a month ago and I've been hammering the tank side of things. Been absolutely loving it to be fair. Probably sunk more hours into it than any other game at the moment.

Sure, there are still plenty of things to be ironed out and so many weird 1-hit-kills on me when there shouldn't be, but it's hardly the end of the world. Haven't rage-quit a single game yet.

I adore my Stug A, my honey badger. Crew skill is up to 543 points at the moment and in Tier 1 games, it's an absolute monster :D

4. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

interesting follow up comments there, Elton who seems to really know his stuff having several things to comment about then NaloaC saying its the next best thing since sliced bread and awesome tanking.

Personally I hold this game dear due to the Oculus Rift, to me this is heaven in the rift, when I get the Dk2 I don't know if it will support the higher res, but if it does, bye bye every body because Im taking a week off work to fck some sht up in the cockpit of my spitfires and Ill drop £100 or £200 gold to get higher tier.

This is definitely a game I want to see progress and mature in the next several years, its awesome fun, for me this game is a dream come true in the rift.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Whilst I am really enjoying the game and find it insanely addictive, it's not quite sliced-bread-beating status worthy :D

I got in on the plane side of things when the tank events were on, but it took me a week to cop how to get in on them /le-dumb

It's a fun, pick up 'n play game and I've had a fair few in ZiiP say that they've really come to prefer it over WoT in many respects, though it's nowhere near as refined or polished.

It's a beta, it's a fun beta and long may it continue. I'm currently researching my Panzer IV Tiger H1 and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Should I have a few bad rounds, it's straight back to my Tier 1 StuG A and tearing things asunder with it :D

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

My gripes have been the fact that it's been in beta for nearly two years now. And there are stuff that haven't been fixed.

It's just the dire lack of polish that's saved by the utterly fantastic gameplay.

Also air combat is significantly harder than tank combat, but tank combat to me is a tad boring since I'm an aviation guy all the way. It's come time that Gaijin polish the massive amount of content that's already present. For one Gaijin has been incredibly non-responsive about their issues and generally doesn't communicate. In a beta this is...awful.

I also don't suggest you put money in to get high tier. Get premiuem and grind it because on a $/utilization basis, straight Golden Eagles to rank is absurdly expensive.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Had a fantastic round last night in Conquest on Ash River :D Covering fire on the conquest point (A point on the bluff). Ended up with just under 6K points at the end!

[​IMG]

Yeah, we still lost, but it was a close one, 30 seconds of owning the point more and we would have won it.