1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BitFenix Colossus M offers Prodigy-like features without the wobble

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 25 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Nope, still getting it wrong for me. I have really had enough of doors so once again just misses the perfect mark.

Just a couple of questions, with the lighting mode, is it possible to switch the external light off?

Will prodigy accessories such as windowed panels fit this case or will this case be getting it's own accessory extras?

Also, why no image of the case with the door open?

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Yes you can switch it off. We weren't sent any images in the press pack we received this morning that showed the door open but you can see them over at the main BitFenix site here

4. SchizoFrog

I thought that might be the case... (as it were, lol)

Thanks for the info about turning the light off, but I have another question... Is the plastic covering the light section white (I have a feeling that this will lead to a very patchy look) and am I right in thinking that you can't light that up in a white light?

The more I think about these cases the more I think I would prefer the external sockets on the top of the case.

I know, I know, I'm a PITA.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Can't comment on the un-lit colour as we haven't seen it in the flesh yet but it's likely to be much lighter yes and not you can't light it up white. I think some images floating around since Computex showed it in a white-ish colour but this was just the lights-off mode.

I agree about the ports - I have my Prodigy on the floor and its a long way down!! :D

6. SchizoFrog

Yeah, I hear that. Even their own images make it look 'lit up' in white but the fact that you can't tell where the lights are underneath gave it away that they are just enhanced images to make it look better. Still, it's a nice case, if a little boxy.

7. ya93sin

ya93sin What's a Dremel?

I still use the old Colossus White ( + Blue lights & Window). Pretty much as solid as a case can get.

Shame it's also about as heavy and difficult to carry as it can get :)

Tags: Add Tags