1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using v7 client but getting less points on N560gtx-448 gpu

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by PAULWARDEN, 6 May 2012.

1. PAULWARDEN

PAULWARDEN What's a Dremel?

i have downloaded the latest v7 client and am folding using 2 gpus both msi cards i is N560gtx-448 power edition the other is the 460 gtx hawk now the older card is showing as producing more points than the newer on the 8009 wu TPF for both cards 460gtx 1min 46 for the 560gtx-448 is 2min 26 when using the 6.41r gpu client my new card was showing TPF of 1 min 46 on its own

2. PAULWARDEN

turns out the v7 client has confused the 2 gpus only found out when using gpu-z and i paused the one the client said was my N560gtx-448 and gpu-z showed that my 460 was not doing anything but the newer card was still running and folding

3. vasileioszografos

vasileioszografos What's a Dremel?

I was under the impression that the TPF and PPD values depend on the hardware but also depend on the project chosen?

Perhaps you should let them run for a few days and then get the average PPD. That's what I do. That gives a less biased estimate.

For example, my two 580Tis. One always seems to get 7xxx projects at 99% use. The other gets 8xxx projects at 90% use. The total PPD numbers are very different over 1 week.
    Also the SMP CPU client gets 6xxx projects. Really low PPD numbers. But they are small projects with small TPF. So overall the CPU client generates more points per week than the GPU clients

The FAH GPU Tracker collects client stats. Not sure about the client you are using

4. vasileioszografos

vasileioszografos What's a Dremel?

I use that
    http://addgadget.com/gpu_meter/
    to monitor usage

5. PAULWARDEN

The actual v7 client has got the 2 gpus confused seems to think the 560gtx-448 is the 460gtx hawk no problem just going to let it run and see how things go