1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling 140mm fans for radiators

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by warejon9, 10 Feb 2011.

1. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

I've been looking around for some quieter 140mm fans, i've seen a couple of reviews, and looked around on extreme systems. They recommend some fans by noiseblocker the pk series, however in this review the thermalright ty 140 does better. I was wondering if anyone had the ty 140's or if anyone had seen anymore reviews of them?
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/140mm-fan-roundup_12.html#sect0

Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

There's a review of some 140mm fans here that you might already have seen.

If you're looking for relatively quiet fans then you would probably get better results with Scythe GT1850s and 140mm/120mm fan adapters. I'd tend to go with Martinm210 reviews as he tests them on rads.

3. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Yea been looking through that thread, the scythe GT's do seem pretty immense, if only they'd release them for 140's :( then they'd be lush. I'm more just trying to get the best performance for the quietest noise level.

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

140mm Enermax magmas should do the job, fairly quiet for the good level of CFM they have.

5. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Aero Cool shark fans are great for keeping cool, yet quiet. I'm using them in my watercooled rig. They come in a range of colours too.