1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Replacement for Asus P8P67-M PRO mATX P67 MoBo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skoh, 24 Jan 2012.

1. Skoh

Skoh What's a Dremel?

I bought my motherboard right around the time of the sandy bridge error that resulted in faulty sata ports. After it was clear that they weren't going to receive enough replacement boards soon enough, scan sent out the boards with the promise that they could be returned after April. Fast forward to the other day and my useless self saw the result of this error in the form of a disappearing sata DVD drive.

I contacted scan explaining I had left it until now but would they still honour the replacement and they said they would but they no longer sold my motherboard so they'd refund the cost instead (Amazing customer service by the way, so pleased with the outcome). I've not kept up with technology in the slightest lately, life has been a bit hectic moving house etc so I'm a bit clueless as to what to replace it with. My budget is around £80-100, and the PC is mainly for gaming, or occasionally I'll watch videos, music, all the usual stuff.

Using a Intel i5 2500K CPU and 8Gb of Kingston DDR3 RAM so obviously will need to be compatible with that. I'm not expecting you guys to do all the legwork but if someone could point me in the direction of an article that could help bring me up to speed or a recommendation it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

2. Uxon

Uxon Minimodder

Couple of things to check before we give you some suggestions, do you need a board with SLI/crossfire support and are you looking for max overclocking potential? As in a board which will be able to take your chip to 4.6-4.8 GHz or would you be happy with 4.4-4.5 GHz (as even the more basic boards should be able to manage that.

3. Skoh

Skoh What's a Dremel?

Just using the one GFX card at the moment, GTX570, so SLI isn't a requirement.

As much as I always say I'll try over clocking I'm never sure how hot my pc should run so I worry about damaging it and tend to revert any changes I make after a day or so. Some overclocking potential would be nice but I'm only using air cooling at the moment so it's not going to be a major or large requirement.

4. Uxon

Uxon Minimodder

Last edited: 24 Jan 2012
  5. Skoh

Skoh What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll look it all over now and pretend I know what I'm reading once I get a chance. Unfortunately my lunch break draws to a close and people expect me to work again!

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm glad I read this post! The exact same thing has started happening to me and I was about to consider RMA'ing my board.