1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V What headset?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keir, 7 Nov 2013.

1. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I'm looking to get a headset, I currently use a set of skull candy headphone with a very short cable and no mic.
    The sound isn't overly great.

However my son just got a steelSeries V2 pro, which is really comfortable however, my budget is bigger.

~£100

I really like the look of the steel series elite, however I think it's just a bit too much for what it is.
    I was thinking about the Plantronics RIG but I'm not too sure.

Or the Razer Kraken 7.1

My main game right now is BF4 so positional sound is a must.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2013
  2. adamg64

adamg64 What's a Dremel?

save the extra and join your son imo.

you dont get an awful lot extra i went the whole hog 10-12 months ago and bought razer tiamat 7.1 cost about 160 but i wasnt impressed also it was very heavy so i got a traps workout everytime i used it.

I returned it to amazon and got the corsair vengeance 1500 saved 100 quid and its nice for the price.

this looks nice tho http://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-7H-Headset-Fnatic-Edition/dp/B005NH6MYI

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Any other recommendations?

4. adamg64

adamg64 What's a Dremel?

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

6. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I bought them and they're my second set. Bit-Tech did a review with a score of over 90 recently. Can't find it on the website though.

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

8. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Personally one of these: Microphones

And the very best set of cans you can afford to throw some cash down on. I just got hold of some ATH-M50's (around £30 over your budget) but just wow... Plenty of decent cans around the £100 mark though that will trounce any headsets in the same price bracket.

9. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I'm on windows 7 so that's fine.

The ATH-M50's are cheaper when not in white BTW.

Wireless would be so much more convenient for me, and the 2000's have got great reviews everywhere. I can't find a lot of the 2100's I'm assuming there new out.

11. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Aye, in black plus mic = around £30 over budget. :thumb:

But if you are looking at wireless then you are going to be sacrificing sound quality to some extent so for your needs a headset might be a better fit regardless.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

The Sound Blasters are good imo, but, they will break. Fast. Mine developed a crack where the letter for the side the earphone is (L - R) in about 6 months, then faulty wire connecting to the inline control. Edwards had them too, his mic connector broke equally fast. Looking at reviews showed them breaking a lot.

13. The Bear

The Bear What's a Dremel?

14. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

ahhh right didn't notice they had no mic lol.

I think the Corsair Vengeance® 2100's are winning so far.
    • USB/built in sound card
    • Dolby suround sound
    • wireless
    • solid build quality
    • comes with microphone :p

Thanks for the input, unless I see something else that takes my fancy I'll order these tomorrow. :)

15. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

No doubt about it.. keep us posted.

16. adamg64

adamg64 What's a Dremel?

i like my corsair 1500 its great value and nice sound, the rotating cups can be alittle annoying at times, if i had the option to return and replace mine for a steelseries i would.

17. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Well It get's delivered in about 3hours but I got it sent to work as I was suppose to go snowboarding but didn't, I'll let you know how it goes.

18. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Logitech ue9000 is currently on offer for £169 and the great thing is if you have a discount code they will except that as well. Logitech I Love you :)

This is not a gamer head set its a UE / Near monitor quality head set and uses bluetooth. Backed by Logitech warranty, which is quite nice as well.

19. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I've got the Corsair 2100 now, that doesn't even have a mic?

BTW this are awesome. sound is great. very very comfy, wireless has zero lag, looks awesome and I can finally move about without snagging a cable :D. Also being able to goto the fridge with music is pretty cool.

20. Cozmo87

Cozmo87 "huh hurmm!!!"

I can vouch for my astro a50. It's like listening to games in heaven rather than submarine at the bottom of the ocean. Before I bought them I never understood the importance of good sound quality but they are also well over 100 pounds that's true a 40s all just as good but not wireless I believe. Some even say better. I was told recently with in the uk we have 28 days return policy of some sort even with you too good and ride it if you did not like it you can take it back if anyone got more information on this it was nice to post it because this bodes well for things like headsets. Pick up to be returned under the not fit for purpose at present the sound is not clear enough.

Sent from Bittech Android app