1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Mods - Max Payne and F.E.A.R.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Jul 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Never really tried max payne the first time out but i might have a go at it the try some of these mods they look quite mint.

3. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Gah, I really need to find my retail version of FEAR or buy it again, must try out CO-OP! Also that alma program, bahaha Ima put it on my GF's pc :p

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Max payne is a great game. I remeber my graphics card could not handle the nightmare part where your following the blood trail in complete darkness. Pc would always crash at that part in those days. Still no completed the sequel. Ive had it since it came out but not got round to finishing it.

Such a cool game and one of my past favs.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I love fear but i hope they make the expansion pack harder, A LOT harder :(

6. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

IDK if any of you have played the katana mod yet, if not GO DO IT NOW not only do you get the katana levels, but you can play the regular campaing with the katana weps :D. The other fun part (a little on the sick side for some) is the ability to decapitate people with the wide range of melee weps. It's alot of fun :D

7. Arena_08

Arena_08 What's a Dremel?

I never played Max Payne 1 but its sequel was a masterpiece in storytelling, i loved it. I think im going to play it through again and i very rarely do that.

8. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

play the first one then the second one :D

9. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Agreed, I played the MP Demo before I went retail, I found the sp sooo easy even on hard :(

10. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Never heard of mods for Max Payne.. just hit me from out of the blue thanks to this article, Im going to give it a look because the Matrix mod for Payne seems great and really well done and high quality. The sequel of Max Payne is also a great blast, anyone know of mods for that? I tried searching, just got links for the first game's mod projects...

11. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

look for a mod called Cinema. it's awesome. I have played it, the bullet time music is much better, when you go into bullet time the screen goes letterbox (like a movie theatre) also you have my favorite weps. Dual MP5 and Dual Silenced Beretta :D

12. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I never got the first MP and only got MP2 recently. The best story in a game I've ever come accross.

Are the mods for MP1 compatible with MP2 as I think they would be great to try and finding a copy of MP1 now would be a bit of a Payne in the arse.

13. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

actually i see them all the time at like radio shack or staples on those discount software things.

14. img

img Minimodder

loved max payne. story line and the bullet time made it so much fun. Dual guns and slow mo. havent tried these but i brought out the game little while ago for another go and remember how far graphics have come or maybe the fact i now have a much better graphics card then first time i played it

15. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

The mods for MP look really great. i had almost forgotten about the game but after reading this review I will have to dig out those discs and reinstall. the kungfu mod looks sweet and the matrix mod looks even better. the katana mod looks right up my alley i have always loved slice n dice games a little more than plain shooters. can't wait to play this weekend.

16. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

here's a tip, use the coder cheat, (so you can get the awesome melee weps, like a halberd)

Tags: Add Tags