1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Corsair AX vs OCZ ZX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xXReiichiXx, 2 Oct 2011.

1. xXReiichiXx

xXReiichiXx What's a Dremel?

I want to buy a very good PSU that I could use for years, but there are so many of them...
    Corsair AX850 is maybe the best 850W PSU out there (from what I heard), but I have the opportunity to buy a OCZ ZX 1000W (both 80+ Gold) at the same price of the AX850, so now I am very undecided between these two. If the OCZ ZX 1000W is at the same quality of the AX850, I will definitely buy the OCZ because it's 150W more for free of the same quality (well, I really don't need more then 700W, but maybe in the future I will, so I want to not by another PSU for a long time), so I am writing here because I don't know which is better, I saw many reviews that put one above another... Corsair have a very good reputation, but OCZ seems to be getting better and better these times, so without an analysis of these 2 particular models, it's hard to recommend one just for the company name.
    Corsair AX have great reviews all over the web, but for example, jonnyGURU gives a great 9.5 to the OCZ ZX 1000W, and a 9 to the AX850... I am very confused :(

Tags: