1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel launches SSD 330 Series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 17 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

I've had my Intel SSD for over two years and it has been flawless... if a bit more pricey !
    The Corsair has caused a couple of problems, and my Crucial spat it's dummy out one time....

Obviously I'm no expert but the Intel drive wins on reliability, although I can't rule out whether my problems were with the drives themselves or the systems they were in.

dunx

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Do bit-tech not check other etailers prices?

Sigh...

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Which retailer would you like me to have checked? I'll give you a hand: Scan is one of the only sites in the UK which has pricing live for all three models.

Ebuyer: product not found.
    CCL: product not found.

I've just discovered that Overclockers has gone live with pricing and is a few quid cheaper than Scan, but nothing was showing at the time of writing.

I pulled pricing from the first site I found that had prices for all three models. I then used the same site for comparison pricing on the other SSDs, because to do otherwise would be comparing apples to oranges.

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18389818

Live as of the 4th and with no price changes.

Im just curuious as to why nearly everything in either the Mag or this site is always mainly scan focused given other places have better prices and stock?

6. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Strange - I must have fat-fingered my search this morning, 'cos it definitely wasn't coming up.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but Scan was simply the first retailer I thought of. Well, actually the fourth - after Ebuyer, CCL and Overclockers - but the first I was able to find the prices on.

As a freelancer, any relationship betwix Dennis and Scan has no impact on what I write. As I say, it was simply the first site I found with pricing (although I'd readily admit that I must have stuffed up when I was looking on Overclockers.)

Last edited: 17 Apr 2012
  8. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Does Overclockers have free postage as that would make scan cheaper (at least with forum discount anyway).

On overclockers I got £78 for the 60gb one inc. shipping and vat.

9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Scans free postage is with being a member with bit-tech etc

Overclockers is with being a member of Overclockers Forums instead.

10. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Fixed.

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Indeed, so post a little and get anything for free without a lower limit. You could buy thermal paste and get free delivery.

12. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

I only recently bought my 120Gb 520 series drive. I'd be gutted, but I bought it on superspecial so price difference not that marked.

Not feeling at all cynical about Scan being used for representative pricing, seeing as they're within 1-2% of the more competitive end of the market. If it were always PC World I'd be worried.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

See, I do fine OcUK stocks a lot more than Scan. I always check OcUK before making a purchase, as it's easy to flick through their site (More better layed out than the rest IMO). 9/10 they have stock that other etailers take months to stock.
    They were the first to stock the GTX 680 4GB, and still no other etailer has stock of them.

Maybe you guys should start promoting OcUK a bit more? :)

14. west

west What's a Dremel?

@dunx
    even if your issues were caused by the drive stating that Intel SSDs are more reliable with a sample size of 3 drives isn't really appropriate.
    That being said I've had issues with my OCZ SSDs in multiple computers so maybe you're on to something.

15. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

My local retailer has stated that Intel SSDs are the most reliable before. They even posted numbers. I will post a link to the Facebook post if I can find it. It was quite a large margin from what I can remember.

Sent from Bittech Android app

16. Petrol head

Petrol head What's a Dremel?

If signed up at the gadget show or Lits you could have free delivery for life with Scan. No limitations as I have order thermal paste, HDMI cable etc on their own. Not sure I could be bothered with a minimal post count on Overclockers.

Tags: Add Tags