1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education awesome site, www.ted.com

Discussion in 'General' started by rainbowbridge, 21 Nov 2009.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I thought this was worth a mention here,

It's called www.ted.com

TED is a yearly (I believe) conference where, basically, all the smartest people in the world, from every discipline you can imagine, come together and give talks on what they're up to. The website itself streams these talks, which range from 5 min. to 20 min.

It started very small, with the original three disciplines of Technology, Entertainment and Design, but has grown in scale and prominence. Now there's talks on everything from undersea exploration, to magic tricks, to cultural anthropology, to amazing new technologies, to spiritualism and atheism, and more and more and more.

I have already whiled away literally hours and hours watching these vids. They're very stimulating and fascinating. Not every talk is pure gold, but the majority are really good if not amazing.

View them with your family

PASS IT ON...

pennyman86 likes this.
  2. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

Good site that, my favourite lecture was the one about the visual effects used in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

/film geek

3. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

great site
    +rep