1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor Arm / VESA Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeK, 26 Feb 2015.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Afternoon all

A few weeks ago I bought this from phinix but haven't had chance to set it up yet. Before I do though - a couple of questions

1) Does anyone know what screws I'd need for a U2713HM?

2) Is it possible to just buy another arm to attach to this if I wanted to mount a second monitor? I was thinking of a 1440x900 screen on the side in portrait

and finally a sort of unrelated, sort of related question:

3) Has anyone got any experience with these?

[​IMG]
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-Double-Monitor-Bracket-Swivel/dp/B00AV70AEI/ref=zg_bs_296770011_1

This is not for me but for work (and for much smaller screens)

Cheers!

GK

2. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

The bracket should come with screws plus I think Dell preinstalls the screws in your monitor anyway. I have a U2713HM too, installed in an ergotron lx stand, installation will be similar if you are upgrading from the stock dell stand. Round the back of your monitor there is a button to release the dell stand where the stand meets the monitor, depress it and lift the monitor out of the stand, you will see a standard VESA mount (plus if I remember correctly Dell has installed four screws for you to use in advance, anticipating vesa mounting), simply line up the four screw holes with the vesa mount on your new stand and affix with the screws provided.

Sounds like a tall order to me. Your arm is not articulated so it would make positioning monitors next to each other properly impossible, since this is unbranded I would not know where to begin.

GeorgeK likes this.
  3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Just a few days ago I had installed the Ergotron LX sit-stand monitor arm for my U2711.

1. Ergotron came with screws for VESA mount, the monitor was also screwed on the Dell monitor stand using similar screw. According to the manual, they are M4 x 10mm screws.
    page 7 of: http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/tp/G/LX/888-45-311-W.pdf

2. I know it's possible for Ergotron, for a no-branded, you will need to search quite hard. It's best if you find out its brand.

GeorgeK likes this.
  4. GeorgeK

The arm doesn't come with screws although I will have a look in the back of the monitor at the weekend - thanks for that tip as I wouldn't have thought to look before ordering some :)

I assumed that may be the case - a very quick search earlier suggested that the arms weren't available to buy but I wanted to check. If I do decide to get a second screen (and that's far from certain) I'll look at another stand.

Cheers mate - appreciate the link

5. GeorgeK

Just thought I'd update this in case it helps anyone in the future - the U2713HM does definitely come with screws installed :) Most pleased with the stand - it frees up a nice amount of desk space and makes things look a lot neater :thumb:

Rep incoming for you two chaps :D