1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/ps3/2009/03/11/resident-evil-5-review/1

The controversial but long awaited sequel to Resident Evil 4 has finally arrived. Set in Africa, Resi 5 tells the story of Chris Redfield and his new partner, Sheva. Has swapping dark hallways for over-bright shantys made the game better or turned it into a biohazard though? We find out.

:eyebrow:

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Resident Evil is, and shall always be, associated with running out of ammo, impossible puzzles, infuriating camera angles and a forboading sense of dread and isolation. I guess Capcom forgot this when they made Resi 5.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The demo really annoyed me so I shall be giving this game a miss.

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

are all those images in this article screenshots from the game or pre-renders from a press pack? If the former than damn that's some pretty stunning graphics!

Slightly gory/morbid question, but is there proper damge modelling in this game? a couple of the images show chunks missing from sides, apparently lining up with the weapon's barrel - if you shoot a zombie in the side, does a chunk go missing?

5. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

In the Demo I found Sheva to be useless... She got me killed on more than one occasion... I might just get a gamecube and Resi 4 agian, that game was awsome...

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

TBH Joe, you've done better reviews than this. It's not crap, but some parts, like the game itself, felt a little unfinished and without that usual polish we've come used to from you.

That said, you do highlight the issues with the game. From just playing the demo on PS3, you are thrown into the game and are ready to tense up for the first onslaught of the infected, only to think, 'Oh.. was that it?' I get more frightened playing Fallout 3, tbh.

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Mar 2009
    CardJoe likes this.
  7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Press pack, unfortunately.

8. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

looks shiny but the whole concept has been redone so many times in previous resident evil games, there seems to be nothing new to see here. They have also showcased 4 of the bosses already lol ..what are they thinking ? I'm just happy with Killzone 2 and Street Fighter atm, with some Warhawk filling my time now and then, i'll give this a pass ..or should i say fail ?

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I've had a couple of people say this to me - note to Capcom - only release demos if they're a GOOD representation of a game.

10. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

:( all i wanted was a new Res 4

11. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

Your fully badass, ripped, loaded with guns, ammo, first aid, Humvee and all that jazz... but you can't see the zombies because you've forgotten your sunglasses...

Guest-16 likes this.
  12. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

not surprised it got a 7 -- i'll still be taking a look at it though.

13. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I thought RE5 was too easy compared to previous titles. Ammo magically appears in crates, new guns just lay out in the open, puzzles were way too easy, lacked diaries (most we cheesy and a failed attempt to bring back past diaries), lacked security doors that required codes from various sources, lacked important elements from RE1-3 etc etc. What the **** happened to reading in games?

For anyone that never played the originals, do yourself a favor and go buy a copy of Resident Evil Directors Cut. That's how RE5 should of been with it's puzzles, diaries, guns, ammo etc.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2009
  14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

no PC version............... :(

Guest-16 likes this.
  15. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I never was able to get ammo from the weird man in the cloak. Anyways I will be getting this game and i probably be disappointed. To me re4 was a masterpiece I have literally played through that game 3 dozen times. I've played it where i only use the guns i pick up or just use the handgun that you start with and all sorts of ways, which to me playability the second and third time through make a game. Re5 though has basically the same features except the ability to play with a friend online which I have said if they allowed you to do that on re4 would be one of the greatest games ever made to me. But i know that you can't follow up such a good game, like re4, with another game that is better. So of course it will get a seven, at least it doesn't get a 3. And I will be playing it on hard because who plays games on normal anyways. Good review though thx bit-tech.

16. Major

Major Guest

Well, thought the demo was awesome, must of played each level 100 times or so, will be buying.

17. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

I thought capcom has joined PC gamming alliance. Where is PC version of RE5 then?

Guest-16 likes this.
  18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

HAHAHA quote of the day.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Coming post-console-release, as with all the previous versions of Resident Evil.

20. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Even though its made pretty clear that this isn't like past RE games (exception of 4).

Tags: Add Tags