1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gaming 31 – OMFG Hats

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 14 Aug 2011.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

We've tried a new method of boosting volume and equalizing the four vocal inputs for this podcast so we'd appreciate and feedback on whether you think it's better or worse than previous efforts.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

its louder, and the volume is more consistent... but you all sound like you've got your heads in a bucket...

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They did say this episode was called "hats"

5. Gigglebyte

Gigglebyte :3

I liked the part at the end about outside perspective. If only more people would take a step back and think how much work and effort could go into a project before we have "armchair experts" slagging off the hard work of dedicated individuals :)

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

touche

the heads-in-bucket thing could have been the fault of tomboy... doesn't sound as bad in banshee

7. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

I'm finding the gaming podcasts dull lately, hardware is fine tho.

8. BrightCandle

BrightCandle What's a Dremel?

Source code isn't really like blueprints, it is the actual game logic in its human readable format. The process of converting the source code to an executable that runs the game is a relatively easy process (for a programmer).

What they wont be providing is all the assets that go with it such as the game models and textures. You can however use the assets from the DVD of the game to have your own modified version of Doom 3, but you are getting the equivalent of the executable and not the equivalent of the source code of those assets.

9. Material

We're lining up some special guests to mix it up a little.

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

The audio was fine, I found I could listen to it with my volume up and not have a finger in one ear. Maybe it's just a coincidence that Harry didn't feature in this podcast...maybe.

11. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

I just played Limbo and it was quite disappointing given the hype.

12. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Listened to it in the car and never had to touch the volume once, also as an added bonus there was no blood coming from my ears. Result!
    This is opposed to the last time I tried to listen to one of your podcasts in the car and gave up after having to adjust the volume on a per person basis. Only to have someone SCREAMING IN MY FACE straight after raising the volume way up to hear one person's mumbles.

Good podcasts as well. Can't believe you replayed the witcher. I just finished it and while enjoyable, 40 hours is enough of that game for me. I hope to get round to limbo this week.

13. Material

Feedback on the new method of equalizing the podcast seems predominantly positive then so we'll keep doing it this way for now. We always welcome feedback though, helps keep us on our toes.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea it was absolutely fine here! :thumb:

15. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

Thanks for the very nearly forgotten spoiler alert, I'm playing through The Witcher for the first time and just managed to mute in time to avoid hearing you guys discussing the (an?) ending.

Audio did seem better overall.

On the subject of diablo, it is a very simple game, and frustrating to new players due to a couple of unreasonably harsh bosses and the complete unsuitability of many of the possible builds available. The fun I've gotten from the game is down to playing it in a party with my housemates, having a few drinks as we go.

There is a gradual satisfaction that comes from making a well rounded party, particular when on the later difficulties. Me and my mates killed Tal Rasha (one of the harshest fights) the other day without any of us dying, and it was genuinely satisfying to know that we'd gotten our tactics and builds good enough to achieve it.

I think its a game that you need to be inducted into to a degree, I can't imagine just picking up and playing through single player would be that enjoyable.

16. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Slightly disturbing way to open the podcast - but funny! :)

Agree with the people who said the sound is better - it is immeasurably so. Like runadumb said, I normally sit with the volume control poised in my hand, either straining to hear or attempting to not blow an eardrum. I always wondered if maybe you guys didn't like each-other that much, with a couple of you in the meeting room and the others made to stand outside in the corridor & talk through the doorway...

Whatever you did differently this time it worked, keep doing it!

17. John_T

John_T Minimodder

By the way, pretty sure it is pronounced 'anath-eh-ma', not 'ana-theme-ah'...

18. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

yes! I win! In your face Joe... :b

19. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Haha! :)

Tags: Add Tags