1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia unveils quad-resolution VR tech

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Even after reading this article, the linked Technology Review, the official website, the Full Technical Paper and watching the video provided on the official website, I'm still not sure how this works.

Why does some technology make you feel like the dumbest person on earth :duh: :D
    I think i will stick to my Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks game :hehe:

3. Bobman

Bobman What's a Dremel?

Sure does sound clever - would be great to start seeing some of this tech hitting the retail market though.

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

The way I understand it, it's basically like how 1080i works, but with a physical shift in the interleaves frames, both at full resolution rather than sub-pixel sampling?

5. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

some stuff requires a bit of knowledge on simpler and similar research in order to kick start your brain. Also this stuff definitely isnt something you should be ashamed for not immediately understanding xD

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

This was revealed a few months ago, and last month one of the researchers involved - Douglas Lanman - was hired by Oculus. In addition to Nvidia/MIT's Cascaded displays, he also worked on near-eye light-field displays, and pinhole-emitter psuedo-lightfield (single resolved plane) transparent near-eye displays.