1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel launches 6-8W Atom S1200 server chips

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Dec 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Speaking as an AMD fanboy, I can only say, SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY.

All this just comes across as petty and weak - you didn't see Intel pissing on AMD when Bulldozer turned out to be a massive failure. Or when Piledriver turned out to be less than it should have been.

Enough already, AMD. Keep your heads down and hope and pray that Steamroller gets AMD competitive with more than the lowest-end i3s...when it's Intel's dual-core versus AMD's 8-core.

3. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

That last line kills me, and fills me with hope at the same time. I was doubtful whether intel was actually committed to the massively-multithreaded concept until I saw that price break. I'm betting we'll see server boards come out with support for many processors on riser cards, no one wants a thousand processors if it means they need a thousand motherboards, power supplies, cases etc.

just to put 6W in perspective, you could power a server farm's worth of these chips without breaking a sweat on a stationary bike.