1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Putting audio through TV with Turtle Beach x31

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by I'm_Not_A_Monster, 26 Dec 2011.

1. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i just got some turtle beach x31's and they're awesome so far. i like how the component audio passthrough lets me listen to all the audio through my headset. i share a room so being able to game without disturbing my brother is pretty sweet. the only problem i have is that sometimes i want the audio to come through the tv speakers, like when i'm gaming with a buddy. right now i'm trying to watch a dvd and short of disconnecting the component passthrough cables from the turtle beach transmitter i dont know how to make sound come through my tv.

i hope theres some way to do this without disconnecting cables every time because if thats the case i'll disconnect them once and return the whole thing. thanks for any help

2. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Presumably you've got it connected up as usual with the red & white audio cables plugged in to the TV, but with the Turtle Beach little Y-cable piggyback RCA in between? If so then it should pass the audio through to the TV. What are you using for the video, component?

Check all the RCA plugs are in the right places and it should be ok. I don't think you should have to unplug anything, like the transmitter from the 3.5mm jack on the y-cable, or maybe the USB.

Last edited: 26 Dec 2011
  3. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

so i figured out the problem. on every TV i've used component on the standard AV (Red, White, Yellow RCA plugs) and the component were basically the same thing. what i was doing wrong was plugging the left/right audio into the AV inputs (which is what every tv i have used before has done) instead of the separate audio inputs for component. so the turtle beach passthroughs were picking up the audio, but as far as the tv was concerned the audio was disconnected.

moral of the story? check the manual for input diagrams (thats what she said)

Last edited: 27 Dec 2011