1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spectacular scratch-built project is finally finished

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 Mar 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

This, along with some of the other fantastic modders in the forums, genuinely does deserve its own article!

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Congrats riekmaharg2 it's a beauty, don't think I caught onto this one from the start but once I did I was hooked, sucks to not have more updates coming but awesome at the same time now you can finally sit back & enjoy this awesome on the senses masterpiece, woo hoooooo. :D:clap:

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Gorgeous mod.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Now this is why I love bit-tech

riekmaharg2, absoultely brilliant job there :)

6. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

lol. 2 years and all the outcome is just a scratch build that looks almost just like the average casemod? What is happening to the modding-scene?

surely it looks good and i can appreciate it is of high quality. so props for that. but what happened to creativity? how narrow-minded do you have to be to make a casecon and build it in the shape of stupid regular case? isn't the point of a scratch build that you have freedom in creativity to create new shapes, mount the hardware in DIFFERENT ways? I'm almost appalled by the boring state this scene is in!

More CREATIVE casecon's please! Like the TIKKI build, or that stealth fighter that is being made. Or a Diamond. Maybe a ceiling-mounted casecon. Or using materials other than the boring alu and mdf everyone's using! PLEASE!! More creativity, more diversity!

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

You're entitled to your own opinion of course, but starting a post with 'lol' I quite frankly find very disrespectful. You only have to look in the project log to see just how innovative this project is,why it took so long and why it's one of the most popular on our forums.

8. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I don't really see the problem to be honest. Sure if all scratch builds were all normal case like then it would be nice to see some crazy desings, but there are plenty of those out there already.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Fecking hell man, did you even bother to LOOK, let alone read the build log???

This is a creation that was roughly 2 years in the making with an incredible amount of effort, design ingenuity, custom fabricated parts and skilful machining. So what if parts are mounted in a "normal" fashion! Yes, everyone is allowed their own opinion and this is seemingly yours, but shows little appreciation to the dedication that went into this build.

Don't just look at the pictures and go "meh, so what", look a bit deeper into the effort that was put into practice and the skillset involved. Then come back with a more informed opinion.

/rant.

10. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Seriously dude?? read through the 73 pages first, then come back and tell us this is not different or creative!!

On a happier note: Congrats to the completion of this awesome mod! :D

11. ----jimbo----

----jimbo---- What's a Dremel?

Brilliant job, but I kinda agree with faxiij. For 2 years worth of work, it lacks wow for me. I'm not saying it's not a brilliant job (it is) I'm sure it beautifully machined etc but for me it really doest do anything. I've seen more interesting and exciting case mods.

12. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Thanks everyone :thumb:, faxiij the main reason I took the regular shape is that yeah more crazy shapes and designs can look very nice, however they often have the draw back that there not as practical when it comes to actually using them. For example when I came to decide the design I wanted to make, my first thoughts came from what I learnt from my Silent Fiberglass build, which were that not having the MB backpanel on the outside of the case limits you to the ease of being able to connect anything and means depending on the design, that you may be stuck with old outdated connectors on your case after a while. That therefore is one design restriction, then you also got the fact that adventurous designs can also be more of a PITA to fit hardware into, and if they're high performance mods then they are quite often much much larger than regular shape cases, which again creates some impracticality as I want to be able to sit it on my desk and still have room to view it while my screen is also on my desk.

So once you take those into account the standard PC shape is one of a few of the most effective use of space, with the ease of use, and ability to upgrade very easily. But then if you do use a standard case you don't get the the unique features that I wanted, the ability to have a large heat sink on the side with a fan which draws air through the case and fits level with the heat sink, the ability to have a very neat and simple water cooling system, the ability to have almost all the wires and tubes completely hidden, the ability to have all the cool looking components on display.

That said however I'm not trying to take anything away from the people who do go for the adventurous designs, in my opinion its just a question of what that individuals situation is, for example if I had a large room just for my computer, and I had easily enough money to be able to afford to get two separate high performance PC's then, I would have gone for an adventurous design as I would then have the space to have it on display and I would be able to continually upgrade the second PC, meaning it would matter if the scratch built PC was outdated.

13. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Even if I wanted to say something bad about this project I couldn't. Since there is not a single damn thing wrong with it! :thumb:

As a fellow modder, I completely disagree with the trolls above.

I love the design, and the craftmanship on this is also excellent. :thumb:

Also, most of us don't mod 8 hours a day. Had you spent 8 hours a day on this, I'd say that 2 years was a long time, but I know you didn't. Awesomeness takes time, and you sure spent the time needed to make this as amazing as it is.

As Combatus say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So I'll just walk away still thinking that this is beautifull. :)

14. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

The quality and the level of detail applied to this project are sensational.

15. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

Great, beautiful. Sets the bar for retail brands.

16. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

very clean, ordered build, simply staggering the amount of man hours, notable highlights is the motherboard mounting and the reservoir, colour scheme is spot on, everywhere I look, the detail is highly impressive, ignore the critism about the shape, after all, its the shape most would want anyway, this one should be lauded as one of the finest scratch builds ever, skill set is increasing dramaticly, and many more projects are following the trend of custom EVERYTHING, I love it, just one suggestion, remove that dvd drive, the black just spoils it, I would go for a slot loader, with a panel made outta the same material as the case, give it an even cleaner look on the front, apart from that, and in the finest of bit tech traditions, here s my score... 94/100.

17. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Nice that.

18. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

It's like the Turner prize of case mods, designed to split opinion :D looks brilliant, the builder should go into business doing this as the finish is great. I'm firmly in the view of wanting a case that looks good enough but can be used every day and be easily moved around the house compared to the crazy one-offs.

19. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

you sir are a http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/****.gif

very impressive scratch build dude , wish i could do something like you did . and just ignore the troll :D

20. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

This is one sexy computer. Looks very professional.

Tags: Add Tags