1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Dabs delivery.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 12 Nov 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have not bought from Dabs apart from a mouse mat/surface recently https://www.dabs.com/products/aorus-thunder-p3-xl-gaming-surface-1000mm-x-400mm-9PGV.html and delivery was pretty naff.

I have now orders speakers and soundcard and mistakenly believed that the 3 day delivery was date of order. on checking I find it is from when the item(s) have been processed. I ordered two days ago and the order is still being processed. So I emailed asking estimated delivery date, did that at 9am this morning and have not had a reply.

As payment is not taken until item(s) are ready for despatch I can still cancel and buy elsewhere.

But my question is to you that have used Dabs in the past how long did you have to wait provided of course you paid foe economy delivery and not next day which with Dabs is a tenner?

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

They will hold on for weeks until you cancel. Get it cancelled and bought elsewhere if the wait is too much, no skin of your nose and poor show on their part for dragging their knuckles!

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Ring em.

Dont get the right answers vote with your cash.

Dabs to be fair were spot on last time I used them last year.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

OK will do.

EDIT: Just phoned and to be honest if the young girl I spoke to is an example of Dabs customer service I will not be back. Cancelled the order or rather she did.

Last edited: 12 Nov 2014
  5. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

Yeah, been disappointed with dabs last time I ordered. I ordered my r9 290 from them as they were the cheapest available. After a week I wished I'd ordered with scan as it would have been £5-7 more but I would have gotten next day delivery on it...

Been thinking the same about my laptop, which arrived today after being ordered on 27th Oct. That said was a lot cheaper than anywhere else (should add, the laptop wasn't from dabs, just commenting on delay in its build)

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

It's too bad that Scan are similar now as well. Both used to be good

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I tried to order a computer from dabs. About €1500 to €1600 at the time. They delayed me by about 10 days I ended emailing with support who started asking for bank account numbers. I cancelled the order. Bought with ocuk. I have since spent good lumps of cash over the years and Dabs haven't seen a penny of it. Nor will they ever.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Reordered the speakers and sound card from Amazon, paid a little more but delivering today.

Finally got a response from Dabs on my first email some 36 hours after sending telling me that they were looking into the delivery issue totally unaware that I had cancelled my order. Their so called award winning customer service as mention on their website does not seem to be living up to the hype.

9. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

The problem with Dabs / BT Business Direct is that they are changing warehouses at the moment. I know for a fact that they will show an item in stock which is actually only in stock with their supplier. This is so they don't have to hold any stock and slow down their moving process.

This means if you buy something that shows "in Stock" Dabs then place an order with their supplier for the item and have to wait for it to arrive with them before it can be processed. I'm good friends with a manager at BT Business direct and it drives her crazy. But the move will be finished by early next year and they will go back to always holding stock :thumb:

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I like most people would not have a problem with that if Dabs or BT could actually be honest with their customers. There was no mention of any changing warehouse and the obvious associated problems that are likely to arise from the customer service rep I spoke to yesterday. I got the distinct impression that she was not particularly concerned whether I cancelled or not.

Great way to hold on to customers by keeping them in the dark?

11. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I agree that the service has suffered badly because of this. Ther was a period when we were placing big orders (3k+ a day) and nothing was turning up (or just bits of the orders that were part shipped). Our account manager monitors the orders we place each day and makes sure that what they don't have in stock is direct shipped to us from their supplier.

Basically the whole system has gone to pot during the move but hopefully they will back to normal soon.