1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Advice on printing a checklist

Discussion in 'General' started by StingLikeABee, 2 May 2016.

1. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

I've created Flight Reference Cards for my impending flight test, they are a series of checklists for the different phases of flight.

I'd like them to be laminated so I can check the boxes with a whiteboard pen and then be able to re-use them. I'd need them bound too so I can keep them organised and work through them by flipping pages.

Can anyone recommend a decent printer for this please? Googled loads but I'm not sure if the lamination they offer will allow me to use a whiteboard marker on the pages.

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Why not use 'any' printer and just pick up a basic A4 laminator to laminate the pages?

I personally wouldn't use whiteboard / drywipe markers as they smudge too easily. I'd go with china pencils.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharpie-Ch...462268874&sr=8-1&keywords=china+marker+pencil

Or use basic sharpies and clean the lamination with nail polish remover... which apparently works but I've not tested it.

Basic laminated pages, a hole punch, a ring binder* and a china marker on a bit of string and you're good to go :)

* Or think about clip rings: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Round-Hing...TF8&qid=1462269113&sr=8-1&keywords=clip+rings

StingLikeABee likes this.
  3. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

Great advice thank you! :rock:

I did think about laminating the pages myself, but was worried about binding them. Those clip rings should work well though. Thanks for that!