1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasonic - Above & beyond the call of Duty

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Unicorn, 16 May 2014.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Today I lost a very loyal servant from my hardest working folding rig. The Seasonic S12-600W PSU which has powered a C2Q600 at a scarcely possible overclock and two 8800GTS cards, again at scarcely believable settings, gave up its life after 8 years of rock solid reliable service, amounting to over 50,000 hours of actual use in two different machines. This rig is still running the same XP build I created in 2009 when it was re-tasked as a folding grunt, and it has folded more WUs than anything else I own.

Rest in peace PSU, you were awesome. I have it up and running again with a spare Corsair HX850 in its place for now :)

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

3. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

In the last few weeks I've lost a 600GB WD Velociraptor (3.5yrs use) and a Corsair H100 (1.5yrs use) :(
    ... good news is that they both have long warranties, so I've received replacements which, in the case of the H100, was an H100i :)

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Folding is tough on components, no doubt about it! I'll crack the little Seasonic open this week and see if it's repairable. I need to get an H100i and an H80i for a couple of my rigs if I'm going to keep them running all the time now. The noise is nothing compared to a few years ago when I had masses of GPU air coolers blowing at 100%, but it's distracting nonetheless.

5. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

One of my EVGA GTX 780's has just bitten the bullet ... another RMA beckons :duh: