1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cooler Master announces HAF Stacker 'mod-tower'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Sep 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Looks like they got there idea from from our very own coolermeister with his 840 mod

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I really wish they'd just bring back an updated 840.

I'm using one and it is still by far one of my more favored cases.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Saw the video that Linus did about this case, and there is a system built up with 4x 360mm rads in 2 of the 915's, but I would have liked to see the support for a 480 or possibly a 560 rad as well.

It kind of reminds me of one of the caselabs cases I think it is that has a very similar look, but obviously cheaper and available to buy in the UK without import duties.

I do wonder though if you will be able to remove the innards from the actual pc case and use 2 of them stacked on top of each other, with one of them having something like a 1080 rad mounted in it with some quick disconnect, connectors so you can break it down for a lan.

I think I should have waited to by case, instead of buying the 900D because this looks pretty good although I just wish it was metal, as by looking at the video it looks rather cheap and full of plastic.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I just honestly miss the old CM aluminum cases that were so tasty.

6. Notional

Notional What's a Dremel?

@Elton: So do I. I just retired my old faithful atc 210b after almost a full decade, last week. I now have a tasty Lian Li v700wx. I remember back in the day, where CM was the highend alu brand and Lian Li was the lower quality copy cat. How Things have changed. :(

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm having problems understanding the need for something like this, i mean why would someone want to combine a mITX case with a midi tower. I thought the idea of using a mITX case is to have it in a smaller space, maybe a bit more quiet, like under a TV or something.
    I'm not saying it wont be of use to anyone, it just seems like a solution looking for a problem, (that i didn't know existed).

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

It would make quite a nice water-box actually. You could stick all the radiators etc. in one and have it all connect with QDCs, then you could just slide it out for transport or something. Alternatively, assuming you can stack two on top of each other, you could make one a water-box, the other the ITX rig and voila, you can now much more easily transport a watercooled rig to a LAN or something. Having that cooling performance whilst essentially being able to cleave the rig in two would be quite a cool idea really. Bit of a shame that I think the entire HAF range is ugly as sin really. The amount of cosmetic modding I would need to do to live with one would render using a HAF pointless in the first place.

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yup or the caselabs cases which do a very similar setup as discussed previously you can have your rads in one bit and the rig in the other, pair of quick disconnects and and you have a fairly transportable rig that can house everything and simply disconnects if and when you need it to...the possibilities are endless

that being said... I REALLY do not like the look of anything that has bared the name HAF...
    when I got my Raven02 everyone called me an idiot for not buying a HAF, until I went to a large LAN event and EVERYONE had a HAF, Antec 900 or the TJ07 so the Raven REALLY stood out beautifully

I don't think I will ever upgrade from my Raven...It is the best case I have worked with, its still not the perfect case but its close

10. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

This