1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webhosting Recomendations?

Discussion in 'General' started by jhanlon303, 8 Jun 2008.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I need to get a "web presence" for our family. Does anyone have any good host/bad host recommendations?

We just need to make a family website with 4 to 6 email accounts. I have the experience to design the content. We just never had a domain of our own. Suggestions? Sites to avoid?
    John

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I would highly recomend TSOHost. Been with them for years for personal use and more recently they now host bit-tech as well. Owned and run by Adam off these very forums.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I've been using 3D Pixel for years, they've always given me top-notch service (customer service is amazing).

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

123-reg for domains and www.qiq.co.uk for the hosting

Alternatively why not get a domain and host it for free with the google services?

Sure you cant do much to the site (though you can do google pages its a bit basic) but you cant really beat their email services for free.

5. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

123-reg.co.uk for domains.
    hosting4peanuts.co.uk for hosting.

6. koola

koola Minimodder

7. RTT

RTT #parp

TSOHost for me every time - i've been a customer for about 4 years before they started hosting bit-tech. Never once had a single problem :thumb:

8. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I use 34sp.com for most of mine, I've used them for years with no issues :)

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Any idea why helium.3dpixelnet.com requests so many pages from our webservers?

10. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

No idea - sorry!

11. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

I've been using Boxed Internet for hosting for a little while now, and so far I've been very impressed with the service.

It does lead me to ask the obvious question: does anyone know of a reliable site to compare hosting solutions with? All of those that I've seen so far are either so massively biassed towards "sponsored hosts" (a.k.a. hosts that pay the site lots and lots and lots of money to say how wonderful they are), or have been just compiled lists of the oldest and most terrible hosting sites imaginable. Anyone found one that is actually worth looking at yet?

12. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

13. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

I've used www.webfusion.com for a few years, they were good, but a bit expensive as they're shared hosting is actually quite respectable, only about 20 other accounts on the same server.

I recently moved over to www.eukhost.com for my blog, cant fault them yet, no downtime, been with them for about 5-6months now

14. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

John, you may want to sent a PM to RicM on The Mod Nation Forums. He has run a hosting service for quite some time, KRVS Computers. I don't know what his rates, etc. are, but it might be worth an inquiry.