1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Speedify

Discussion in 'Software' started by Teelzebub, 24 Apr 2015.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

2. Teelzebub

I guess not then :p

3. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I too saw the add. Then got scared with 1gb free to try. If it is my data being used why do I need 1gb free? I'm sceptical about a software solution being used to tie hardware of differing platforms together to speed up Internet. Ultimately it can only team connections. If I don't understand it, I'm out.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Seems interesting, it seems it maybe better suited for mobile connections though.

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I would guess the 1GB limit is just an artificial limit so you can try it out for a limited period. Doesn't sound particularly sinister to me. That said, there will always be a potential trust issues with possibly exposing all traffic to a third party. Like you say, I'd want to understand the service before using it. That page doesn't really do that.

I have been interested in this sort of thing before. Basically load balancing on two connections to increase bandwidth. You could always do it in with Hardware, but as I recall the it was rather expensive (and not portable).

Here: http://www.techkhoji.com/how-to-combine-multiple-internet-connections/ Suggests the hardware option, and an apparently fairly cheap bit of hardware to do it. Also it doesn't recommend services like Speedify, for what it's worth.

EDIT: More info on Speedify here: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-combine-multiple-internet-connections-into-one-s-1699431630

6. Teelzebub

Just had a read on that link sounds pretty good actually, The amount of threads where people complain about their speeds and I've never seen anyone suggest this sort of solution.