1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project "Lightning" + Transforming racing SIM Desk

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by m.standish, 31 Jul 2014.

1. m.standish

m.standish What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sponsored by Corsair
    [​IMG]

Specs:
    • CPU: Intel i7-4930 (4.3ghz)
    • GPU: 3x R9-290X (1200mhz core / 1500mhz memory)
    • MB: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
    • PSU: Corsair ax1500i (sponsored)
    • RAM:4x4gb Avexir Core Blue (2000Mhz)
    • Case: Corsair Air 540
    • Fans: Corsair SP120 High Performance x10 (sponsored)
    • Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Mini (fans & Lighting) (sponsored) , Mcubed TBalancer BigNG (Pumps & Lighting
    • HDD: Samsung HD204UI
    • SSD: Corsair Force GT 120, Corsair Force LS 240 (raid0) (sponsored), Samsung 840 Pro 256*
    • Cooling: 3x EK FC-290x Nickel with EK Backplates & Terminal Bridge, Aquacomputer XT Di Modified g1/8>g1/4, 2x Laing DDC1-T, Aquacomputer Bay Res, Laing Acrylic Reservouir, Monsoon Freecentre 10/13mm, Barrow flowmeter, Barrow 45 & 90 g1/4, Barrow inline filter, Barrow Pressure release valve, Custom water manifold, EK Coolstream 360, Stealth GT 240
    • LCD: LCDSysInfo for Goverlay
    • Displays: 3x Qnix QX2710 Evolution II Matte (120hz,105hz,96hz) & Accell Displayport to DL-DVI Active adapter
    • Peripherals: Sumvision Nemesis Kane Pro Keyboard & Mouse, Saitek Cyborg Evo, Logitech Wingman, Logitech Force MOMO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Latest Progress
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Background

Been a few years since i did the last machine and due to a burglary i never did get to completion but a random sale of a Formula IV kick started me into a new build.

The plan so far is to reuse and modify a lot of my previous build which is here and build this to a much higher quality now i have the tools to do so http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668540

TLDR: Previous Build
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was stripped out and test fit to work out what im missing ect

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be re-using:
    Aquacomputer Aquabox 5 1/4 Bay Reservoir
    Aquacomputer Cuplex Di
    4x OCZ Flex 9200 Heatsinks - Upgraded to Avexir Core
    EK 360 Radiator
    Black Ice GT Stealth 240
    MCP350
    3x Hyper Chrome Fans - replaced with Corsair SP120s
    Force GT 120 gb
    Gigabyte Odin 800w - upgraded to odin 1300w - replaced with AX1500i

Parts to purchase:
    Hardline Fittings
    Tubing
    Acrylic sheets
    Unistrut
    Alu U channel

Jobs to do:​

• *COMPLETE* Aquacomputer Aquabox 5 1/4 Bay Reservoir Drill & tap G1/8 to G1/4, Replace Plexi Front
    • *COMPLETE* Aquacomputer Cuplex Di - Make new clear top with g1/4 fittings rather than G1/8, Increase flow rate
    • *REMOVED* 4x OCZ Flex 9200 Heatsinks
    • *COMPLETE* EK 360 Radiator Strip and polish to mirror shine
    • *COMPLETE* Black Ice GT Stealth 240 Match Theming from rest of machine
    • *COMPLETE* Force GT 120 gb Window & Mirror polish with activity light
    • *IN PLANNING* Acrylic Manifold
    • *IN PLANNING* Hardline Tubing
    • *COMPLETE* Dual Pump
    • *IN PROGRESS* Lighting rework
    • *COMPLETE* Triple Monitor stand
    • *80% COMPLETE* SSD window/lighting/engraving
    • *IN PROGRESS* GPU Powerlines & EL Lighting
    • *Hydrodip Lower panel & IO Panel

Thank You's
    Montymole for letting me buy his 290x and his help & advise with a few things.
    Kenneth in my hometown for coercing me in buying his rampage and kickstarting this build
    Jon Gerow for having the trust to being my first sponsor
    Gibbo @Overclockers for helping out with a problem I couldnt resolve without him
    Redflames for splitting :)
    Rose for putting up with the mess, the taking over her flat, the not talking, the help and advise and generally just being there for me.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Jun 2016
  2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Moved to modding until there are pics of work in progress as that's what is needed for a thread in the Project Logs section. Once there are some pics of work in progress please PM a mod (for example me, Margo Baggins, jinq-sea) to have it moved back.

As for images - imgur is definitely the way forward. Upload them there, then use the Large Thumbnail setting and post the Direct Link url inbetween the tags :thumb:

3. m.standish

SSD Mod **COMPLETE**

Due to the prominent position of the HDDs on this case I wanted to do something special, remembering an idea i saw where someone windowed an SSD i thought it would look great.

Donor SSD

[​IMG]

I invested in a dremel-a-like:

[​IMG]

And set to work

[​IMG]

Removed the annodising & rough with the sanding disks

[​IMG]

Cut the centre and sanded the round corners

[​IMG]

Cut and etched a test acrylic window

[​IMG]

Fitted:

[​IMG]

Bit disapointed the Circuit didn't fill the window but there's not much i can do about that.

Took a few days for my internet order to arrive but as soon as it did I hit up the sanding

Sanding Block

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2000 :) :clap:

[​IMG]

Then I ran out of paper! and realised i may need to go to 2500 as it still wasnt shiny/mirror effect which it what i aimed for. I tried using the polishing compound from the dremel kit but this did nothing, neither did the Silvo.

I went to an engravers to ask what they suggested to use (and to see if they would polish it up if i failed) and they recommended using Peek polish......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sadly there are some manufacturing stains in the aluminum which I cannot remove
    So thats the SSD up to date. I need to cut a better fitted window and that will be one part complete (Almost :thumb:)

====26/08=====

SSD Now complete
    I made a new window as the first was only a test
    [​IMG]

Wired in 4 SMD Leds around the edge and hot glued in place
    [​IMG]

Testing
    [​IMG]

Final Test
    [​IMG]

FINAL PIC :dremel:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Aug 2015
  4. m.standish

George, admins? I was hoping to keep 1 post for the SDD, one for the CPU and keep editing each one till that component is complete keeping them separated to make more sense if you were reading through as there are about 5/6 components that need modding before the build stage takes place

5. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

You put aluminium tape INSIDE the cpu block? As in the part where the water flows? That's just asking for problems if you ask me.

6. m.standish

I get your point, but it is sandwiched between the metal & the acrylic, only this part. the lower recessed area where the water actually flows over has not been covered. Im aware of the galvanic corrosion and im going to use additives as the reservoir is anodized alu & the OCZ Flex (I believe) also use Aluminium. Do you have any other suggestions? The nickle plating is severely discolored/damaged, I did contemplate covering the aluminium with clear nail polish also, but there shouldnt me much water touch the aluminium

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It will corrode. Since it's a soft aluminum, it will happen very quickly, too. The worst part is it turns black, so you will want to try something else. I'd live with it or frost the plexi. Blocks get gross pretty fast anyway.

8. m.standish

Radiators **COMPLETE**

I hadn't planned to do much to the radiators but after soaking in a bath for a few hours and blasting to remove the dust i accidentally scratched the side of the 360 to reveal quite good stainless steel underneath and some nice copper, The copper came up very nicely but sadly will not fit in the build so I will polish the steel and repaint the copper
    After Cleaning:
    [​IMG]
    The Tabs are bent back as the radiator was bought cheaply where teh previous owner screwed in too far an pierced the rad, i have repaired this using epoxy but had to cut into the rad to access it :(
    I sanded it back down to 2000 grit again and polished

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one sadly was all copper so i debate leaving it black but I have tried to make it match the rest of the build with aluminium tape, im still undecided about this and am thinking of buying some mirror vinyl to replace it with and also the cpu top in light of comments about the Aluminium causing problems in the loop

Before:
    [​IMG]
    During:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

These 2 Still need to be renovated & repainted to repair all the scratched paintwork

I know these arn't up to the standards of some of the builds on here but I simply do not have the money to replace the radiators and cpu blocks so im having to do the best i can with what ive built up over the years. Nearly all of this build has been amassed over 5 years secondhand, swopped, changed & upgraded and now ive got all the parts to a decent quality im trying to patch it all together to make a well planned through and designed case. My previous build was a bit of a frankenstein, constant work in progress. I do not want this to follow suit.:idea:

=====26/08======
    Radiators Painted, Matt Black
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Final Pics to come :)

Last edited: 26 Aug 2014
  9. m.standish

Im not keen on frosting it nor leaving it, do you think silver vinyl would be a better soloution?
    [​IMG]

10. m.standish

CPU Block 100% Complete

I started with an Aqua Computer Cuplex Di which i had on my Q6600, sadly the nickle was worn and in need of some TLC. Also I did not like the G1/8 fittings and thought the block was too restrictive so the plan was to convert it to G1/4 to to improve flow and also increase the fitting compatiabilty as there isnt much made for G1/8 that looks clean, widen the impingement ports ever so slightly to cope with the extra flow and also widen the input port on the bloc as even at g1/8 it was slightly off centre and not wide enough.

During planning i worked out my tolerances were about 1mm which was a bit tight for my liking
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This would leave me about 1mm or material either side of the metal. New toy required....

Drill Press Ordered:
    [​IMG]

Drilled out the port another 1mm each side
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunatley, the crappy drill stand is way too loose and moves about 8mm horizontally so ill need to go back and finnish this by sanding as i couldnt trust the press to get close enough to the o-ring

I then started on copying the top:

Roughly cut using the coping saw
    [​IMG]

Set a dremel small sanding wheel into the drill press and lowered it to the base plate to make a router, This was then used to shape the final piece:
    [​IMG]

Perfect Fit!! :D:D:D:D:D
    [​IMG]

I attempted to clean the missing tainted nickel coating but this didn't prove successful so begrudgingly I opted to cover up the problem with tape, Aluminum tape to be precise
    [​IMG]
    Ill probably redo this but for a first test i dint think it came out too bad, definatley better than it started

And the two met and fell in love <3
    [​IMG]

Still to do:
    Mounting holes
    G1/4
    Fab 2 2011 mounting arms

====26/08======
    Finnished the block top, to g1/4 in clear
    Drilled out every 2nd impingment hole for better flow

Still to do
    Find a way to mount 775 onto 2011 - Contemplating bending the screws to Z shape

====03/09========
    Found a way by nibbling away at the corner of the arms that it fits!

Last edited: 3 Sep 2014
  11. m.standish

MAIN BUILDLOG

Now most of the renovating / upgrading is complete or close I can start with the build. Quite excited, Ive been waiting a while to get to this part, about 2 months since i bought the Motherboard
    With no delay......

1st new toy :D
    [​IMG]

Now I can get things test fit and do some serious tubing planning ect. now i can work out sizes

12. m.standish

Test fitting
    [​IMG]

And some new toys, well not so new, i swopped my old q6600 for 4 fans and the i7-3820 is from CEX
    some 6mm ID tubing for the ram, and some fan mounts

[​IMG]

Gave the fans a good going over and a lick of paint
    [​IMG]

Installed a few parts temporarily while the ram, tubing and fittings arrive and run a 20% mix of distilled vinegar through the loop to clean it.
    That water wasnt blue when it went in!!!

[​IMG]

No leaks!!! :)

I had planned to keep it like this but the front fans make a racket when on the ouside of the case as its too near the mesh so i need to move them inside the case, however that it too small for the top 240 to fit so im going to need to move the rad back 10mm and drill new mounting holes

Next up to install windows to get it up and running while i decide on which parts to buy and how to mount the rads as the top

Last edited: 3 Sep 2014
  13. m.standish

Had a good blast over the weekend and some overclocking numbers using the old temp gtx 470
    900mhz on the GPU @ 1.087v 1900mhz ram - 50 degrees load temp

Got the 3820 to 5.1Ghz using 1.425v - 30 degrees idle / 61 degrees IBT load temp. Is this acceptable? Ive no idea what these i7s are supposed to be run at for safety?

Quick haven benchmarks went from 35.7 all stock to 47 overclocked so quite happy with that.

Just has a new delivery or tubing, Ram and a secret surprise so ill get them installed tonight and OC'd 1333 > 16-1800mhz see if i can bump up that score.

Any advise on the voltages for the 3820?, ive read that you can blow the memory controller at too high voltages, but im not too sure what too high is??

14. m.standish

Well some quick benchies while waiting for the cards:
    CPU @ 5089mhz
    GPU @ 900/1800
    Ram @ 1740
    3d mark11 - P6700
    Vantage - P23000

Also had another delivery today :) more parts towards refitting the loop
    [​IMG]
    Just waiting for 2 more parcels and its ready to have a proper refit, One from aquatuning.de and another with some shiny barrow fittings :)

15. m.standish

Costs

Costs so far:
    1st column is the stuff i had prior to the build which was everything i stripped from the Storm Project, most of this was bought off ebay as and when i came up cheap and to slowly replace other parts but this is what it cost originally

2nd column is parts ive bought since to get the build to now

the 3rd,4th,5th & 6th columns are future purchases on a spreadsheet which is under wraps for now but has the titles
    "2560 Upgrade" > "GPU Boost" > "Suround Vision" > "GPU Boost 2" > "CPU Boost"

Prior Initial Build
    MB 30 Air 540 75
    PSU 50 i7-3820 107.5
    360 Rad 10 RAM 32
    240 Rad 23
    Ram WB 40 LCD SYS 23
    Pump 34 Tubing/fittings 16
    Top 12 Aurora 12.4
    Pump Res 18 Monsoon Fit 22
    Reservoir 9 Keyboard mouse 15
    Fans 13
    NB 10
    Cuplex Di 18 Fans x4 10
    120 SSD 92 Fan Mount 5
    DVD 14 tubing 5.2
    GTX 470 158.5
    Barrow Fittings 28

Total £531.5 £328.1

£859.60 to date and thats 38% of my intended build budget.
    Ive got some of these parts ridiculously cheap, especially at the beginning, £10 for a 360 rad!!! Bargain and not to forget the Rampage 4 Formula I got for £30 :jawdrop: The SSD (£90) hasnt moved in price since i bought it, and i sold the bracket so its now slighly more expensive
    Given these are currently on sale for
    • Rampage 4 Formula £232.94
    • Air 540 £99.99
    • i7-3820 £219.19
    • Crucial CT2KIT25672BD1339 x2 £76
    ===========
    £628
    I have spent £244 on these! Saved myself 61%
    if i were to extrapolate this into my final build costs i recon (if money was no object to go and buy brand new) it would cost £5547! If i get bored ill do the maths properly but this seems about right!

Anyway onwards an upwards :dremel::dremel::dremel::dremel::dremel::dremel::dremel:

16. m.standish

[PCPartPicker part list](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/mgrG23) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/mgrG23/by_merchant/)

Type|Item|Price
    :----|:----|:----
    **CPU** | [Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80619i73820) | £209.00 @ Scan.co.uk
    **Thermal Compound** | [Arctic Cooling MX-2 4g Thermal Paste](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/arctic-cooling-thermal-paste-mx2r) | £7.66 @ More Computers
    **Motherboard** | [Asus Rampage IV Formula ATX LGA2011 Motherboard](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-rampageivformula) | £239.98 @ More Computers
    **Memory** | [Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-ct2kit25664ba1339a) | £42.64 @ Ebuyer
    **Memory** | [Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-ct2kit25664ba1339a) | £42.64 @ Ebuyer
    **Storage** | [Corsair Force Series GT 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-internal-hard-drive-cssdf120gbgtbk) | £77.10 @ CCL Computers
    **Video Card** | [Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-r9290dc2oc4gd5) (3-Way CrossFire) | £299.15 @ Scan.co.uk
    **Video Card** | [Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-r9290dc2oc4gd5) (3-Way CrossFire) | £299.15 @ Scan.co.uk
    **Case** | [Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-air540) | £98.95 @ Amazon UK
    **Power Supply** | [Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 1200W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-power-supply-sstst1200gevolution) | £166.94 @ Scan.co.uk
    **Optical Drive** | [Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-optical-drive-sh224dbbebe) | £10.22 @ CCL Computers
    **Monitor** | [AOC Q2770PQU 60Hz 27.0" Monitor](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-q2770pqu) | £352.95 @ Amazon UK
    **Monitor** | [AOC Q2770PQU 60Hz 27.0" Monitor](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-q2770pqu) | £352.95 @ Amazon UK
    **Case Fan** | [Aerocool Shark 82.6 CFM 120mm Fan](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/aerocool-case-fan-shark120mmblackedition) | £6.97 @ CCL Computers
    **Case Fan** | [Aerocool Shark 82.6 CFM 120mm Fan](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/aerocool-case-fan-shark120mmblackedition) | £6.97 @ CCL Computers
    **Keyboard** | [Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-keyboard-920002478) | £12.89 @ More Computers
    **Other**| Bay Reservouir| £35.00
    **Other**| Cuplex DI| £40.00
    **Other**| Monsoon Fittings x6| £22.00
    **Other**| Laing DDC1-t| £70.00
    **Other**| Pump res & top| £30.00
    **Other**| 3x waterblock| £270.00
    **Other**| 360 radiator| £63.00
    **Other**| 240 radiator| £45.00
    **Other**| 140 radiator| £46.00
    **Other**| Barrow g 1/4 fittings x7| £28.00
    **Other**| Tubing 3.3m 10mmx13mm| £13.00
    **Other**| Mayhems Auroa liquid| £13.00
    **Other**| Ram sinks x4| £128.00
    **Other**| northbridge block| £22.00
    **Other**| 2.8" LCD Display| £23.00
    **Other**| 4x ccfl| £18.00
    **Total**

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available | £3800.02
    Plus i want to upgrade the cpu to 6 core right at the end so add another £400 on there!, Plus i want to do it with 290x's so plus 150

£4350........ Budget 2150........ Lets go

17. m.standish

Fittings

New pressie from the postie today fresh from germany and ebay
    Kinda liking Aquatunings EOL parts £16 plus delivery and free sweets, thanks guys:thumb:
    [​IMG]

And some barrow fittings from mizucooling
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I noticed the 90's are not the same colour as the 45's :sigh: they seem to have a slight gold tint to them, so ive wrote to them to query why and if they are all the same, there is a difference in the naming as one says shiny silver and the other says silver, however it seems that they only do shiny silver on the rotary 45's and silver on the fixed 45's so im waiting for a response

In other news, i bid on 3x 7970s with ek blocks, only won 1 so now i need to work out what to do as im 2 7970's short. so if anyones selling 1 or 2 with EK blocks, get in touch!!!

18. m.standish

Retubing / Layout

so i gathered together all the new fittings
    [​IMG]

And gave it a good refresh and tubing layout.
    [​IMG]

I have checked and there is enough space to bring the front fans inside the case and move the rad back inside as I dont like the sound from the fromt of teh case when the fans are on the oustide, the front panel slats are too close and make quite a lot of noise, im hoping this will help, otherwise i suspect a custom front & top will need to be made.

I have added another 2 fans to the top rad as theyre is also enough space to do push/pull, which i think is a wise idea as it is a high FPI radiator.

One thing that troubles me if the airflow, I cannot decide whether to push or pull into the case.
    exhausting both out will blow the built up heat over the rads meaning theyre not getting the coolest air, the fans on the front & top will be mounted backwards and look worse from the ouside but ok from the inside. Also im concerned that due to the panel ill be building from the bottom of the case that theyre wont be enough incomming air to feed 5x 120 outputs.

The other option would be to pull in cold air from the outside, this will look better externally and allow me a dust filter, however this will blow warm air in heating up the components, I know previously that the general rule was to pull in but due to the components now running cooler is this still the rule. Also the same stands, I dont know if theyre will be too much positive pressure inside the case.

Im toying with the idea of outputting over the rads from the case and somehow mounting the 2x140s at the bottom of the case somehow for input air.

another option would be to have one rad input and one output but this would be effectively stacking the fans but will equalize the pressure inside the case. I suspect this may not be a wise idea but would love some feedback

19. m.standish

Weekends Jobs

The plan for the weekend is to modify the fans and mount them properly by screwing the fans to the radiator and then using rubber fan pins to pin the whole assembly to the case, hopefully will quieten it down. Also to bring the front fans inside the case allowing me to use the dust filter

Ive decided to set the fans direction as in from the front and out through the top as any other option seems likely to cause too much positive/negative pressure

while at work ive planned the loop and this seems to work. Apologies for the crap paint job but green denotes visible, blue is hidden in the rear section.
    There are 2 loops running out from the pump which split the flow and rejoin back in the reservoir

1. Pump > NB > GPU > 360 > 240 > res > pump

2. Pump > ram > res > pump

Ive blown through both loops and the ram seems more restrictive so my thinking is most of the flow should follow the path of least resistance and give the main loop more flow, this should prevent the ram from jamming up the already restrictive loop while still getting some of the flow. Its not cooled but im hoping that the mixing of the water in 2x reservoirs will overcome this.

[​IMG]

Also i have created a VERY crap mock up of the target. there is another gpu on there which is a 7970, the plan is to use the 7970 as teh main and the gtx 470 as a dedicated physx card until i get to 3 cards at which point it wont fit.

Ill also be looking into mounting a 140 fan in the bottom shroud which may affect the fan direction decision but i dont know if it will fit yet.

The white line shows a pipe which links the top 240 & 360, I could have hidden this at the rear but as im using mayhems aurora i wanted to showsace some of teh coolant and ive pretty much hidden away most of the tubing and the res is in the rear, I may one day add a tube res at the front but we shall see

[​IMG]

20. m.standish

Over the weekend I got a couple of jobs done:

Replaced the pump res top screw with an Oileye,
    Fitted a top fillport and T-line to assist bleeding the air, connected to the Oil Eye
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Connected all the tubing:
    I think cable management will go out of the window in the rear of the case, ill try but the complicated tubing is just going to cause problems. There are 2 loops coming out from the pump and joining back in the reservoir so it runs parallel as i didn't want the ram to impact the flow rate too much
    [​IMG]

Moved the front fans inside the case as input fans and added the top rad and fans in push/pull exhausting out of the case
    [​IMG]
    Sadly i ran out of 90 degree fittings for the 360 > 240 connection so that may have to wait till the material comes for the lower shroud before i switch this out.
    The block at the bottom of the case has a drain port fitted that allows access from the underside to empty the loop as ive always found draining a pita and there may be a few drains on this project before completion.

Filling the Loop:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Leak Testing:
    [​IMG]
    This proved that leak testing is indeed required as i found 2 where the 240 rad barbs wernt tight enough, couple of cable ties and all ok until i replace them with monsoon compressions

First sneak peek of the toy
    [​IMG]
    Im still trying to workout the layout but heres the toy from Hong Kong i mentioned earlier on the GPU
    It looks like a fan will fit into the lower shroud so i need to make up some templates to work out if it will fully fit

Next a uv ccfl was added to highlight the ram tubing, I covered 2/3 of it wil aluminium tape to make it beld in better. this will later be the same on the rest of the tubing.

And a semi finnished shot
    [​IMG]