1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Fractal Design Arc Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 31 May 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I really want the Arc Mini so badly.

Gorgeous lookin' case.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I like the look of it, and the possibility of sitting a 360 rad on the roof (outside), but there doesn't look to be a lot of room for the rest of the loop - could be very cramped.

4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Ugh. Don't you think there are enough "Turbo Xtreme" cases in the market place already? Seriously, trying to find a competent case that doesn't look like the love child of a leaf-blower and a Nascar is hard enough as it is, don't go encouraging them!

*Hugs his Fractal Designs R3*

5. kaiser

kaiser What's a Dremel?

That is one swanky looking case and a great price, though I think that the inclusion of 8-hdd drive bays is as laughable as the number of optical drive bays in the first CM Stacker!

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Frankly, Fractal make cases that are understated and don't scream "I'm a teenager". I went off windows, LED fans, cathode tubes and ridiculous styling years and years ago, so Fractal fit the bill perfectly. I'd actually say that they're the ones standing out from the crowd of tacky crap.

Good case for £75, but I'll stick with my Define R3 in white for now.

7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

+1 to Cei - understated is better than colourful neon crap. Function over form! I'm torn between the R3 and this, but as I value silence above extreme OC'ing I think I'll go with the Define R3.

8. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

Very nice looking case, understated.

The only thing that is putting me off is the huge Fractal branding, not keen on that at all.

9. jalex3

jalex3 What's a Dremel?

nice case, good to see the oi not connected to the front panel.

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Very slick with the extra expansion port in the back.

11. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

Very nice looking case, I may have to get myself one :)

12. Technobod

Technobod Minimodder

Would a triple 120mm rad fit in the ceiling if the uppermost optical bad wasn't used?

13. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Exactly that.

There is of course a market for cases that look like Transformer Robots 'mid-transform', but there's also a market for more elegant looking equipment as well - Fractal Design seem to be cornering that section of the market quiet nicely.

14. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

I think the front looks ugly. Mind, you I like Fractal cases and I think the next upgrade will be either the R3 or the Fortress 02 (if I can be bothered to fork out the extra cash). This seems to be neither here nor there really. The R3 is a quiet and stylish case which sacrifices some cooling performance. I guess this does cool better, but if you have to sacrifice the looks or the noise levels then I think it's a bit pointless. Hmm, actually I'm probably a bit too harsh, it's still a very good case which is worth buying for the price, but there are other air cooling cases which have similar price points and looks (midway between clean R3 design and the HAF monstrosities) so it just doesn't stand out as much.

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I do agree that the massive branding on the front is a downside. They should have stuck with a nice plain front!

16. Xir

Xir Modder

There's no picture of the so well described top of the case...

17. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Typo, threw me off at first as i was thinking wow finally two USB 3's then i saw another one.

Anways i like the case except i do have to agree that the branding is bad. I like the cleanness though. Nice to see that people are are going quality over flash. Some competition for Lian Li (last time i bought a "nice" case, Lian Li really was only nice and clean option). Now lets just hope this trend moves towards MicroATX as honestly alot of people are building smaller computers nowadays.

18. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

great case

19. TAG

TAG What's a Dremel?

deleted

edit: my bad

20. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

i decided to take the plunge and get a define r3 as i couldnt stand waiting for this case any longer.............................................that was 2 weeks ago :wallbash:

Tags: Add Tags