1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Ventrilo

Discussion in 'Software' started by MiLwOrkZ, 12 Sep 2006.

1. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

So I have searched the WEB through and through... and have not found anything that will allow me to utilize ventrilo in a functional manner. I know they probably wont release a linux version... ugggh :eyebrow: . So was wondering if any of you chaps knew a way to at least get vent installed and at least... allow me to play music over a vent server. :thumb:

Kthnx,
    VonZeppelin.

<Suse 10.1 Gnome>

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Since noone has responded...

I have never used ventrillo (or any VoIP for that matter), but if you have a Windows "exe" for it you could try to install in in wine. It's a bit of hit and miss, some things work, others don't... Just try it.

3. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

I got it working under wine, but was very unstable and I didn't test trasmission, could hear others though. There are guides on the web, you have to copy over a codec into the wine windows folder. I gave up trying to get it to work well.

4. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Yeah... it is near to impossible to get vent to work in linux.. /sigh but... i am going to keep trying... i finally got the push button to work in a non wine installation... but for some reason they cant hear me... but when i have it on senstivity it is on all the time... when it is set to like 150.... so...

i will keep trying and get back to you if i get it :D

5. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

heh, good luck with that :p
    look forward to your reply :D

Tags: