1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Updated graphics drivers, now a segment of Comodo's widget is in the way. WTF?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by oscy, 25 Jan 2015.

1. oscy

oscy Modder

NVIDIA GeForce experience told me there were new drivers to install for my 780. I downloaded and installed them. When it did the bit where the screen goes off for a second, when it came back, a small segment of my Comodo widget was on screen.

I thought it was just one of those things were the image doesn't go away until you drag something over it, but it's an actual thing. I can click it, drag it, and it stays on top of windows (though thankfully not games). I can get rid of it by exiting Comodo and starting it again, but every time I restart the computer it'll come back.

Look at this crazy ****:

[​IMG]

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Right click on the Comodo icon in the system tray, there's an option for switching off the widget from in there.

3. oscy

oscy Modder

That actually doesn't get rid of it. :confused:

It gets rid of the widget of course, but not this weird thing.

4. Digital_Jay

Digital_Jay What's a Dremel?

Hey there Oscy,

I get the exact same thing happening on my PC with Comodo, at first I thought it was some kind of bug/viral thing but Avast and the Stand alone Kapersky (excuse the spelling) say there is nothing present on the system.

Interestingly enough I have a duel boot on the PC at the moment and on one of the versions (currently this one) I have this glitch but on the other I don't. The difference is I run games on this one, which would tie in with what you said about the graphics.

At the moment the only solution I have found is that if you quit Comodo and then restart it seems to cure it. Incidentally did you have any updates from Windows prior to this starting as that was the other change on the duel boot was this boot up has more updates so that could be another trigger for this glitch.

Do let me know if you have discovered anything else about it, have you submitted this to Comodo?

5. Digital_Jay

Digital_Jay What's a Dremel?

Hi there;

I have found a somewhat possible solution to the comodo widget glitch.

1. Turn off the widget
    2. Check for Updates to the Program
    3. Check for Updates to Windows & Your Graphics Card
    4. After you allow it to reboot, DON'T switch the widget back on.

Since doing that I have not seen the Widget glitch occurring as it stands.

6. oscy

oscy Modder

Did you have the problem yourself?

Everything was updated, but the problem seemed to solve itself after a few days, and it didn't happen again with the latest graphics card update.