1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Virgin Gaming - Playing for money? Gambling? - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheStockBroker, 7 Sep 2010.

1. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

So!

I was browsing the interwebs, when some delicious script decided I should (appropriately) be targeted with a Virgin Gaming ad.

Not much information was given, but I was intrigued (read: amused) nonetheless, at the prospect of being able to earn while playing my favourite games from my chosen platform.

This is where it took me.

http://virgingaming.com/

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't really make heads or tails of the system without signing up, but from what little I gleaned it's playing for money, through a Virgin proprietary system?

Most grateful if someone could clue me in.

However, if it is what I think it is; I wonder what the adoption rate will be, and whether it'll be a success?

TSB.

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

lol its just gambling nearly.

you have to pay to play tournments and hope your the best player in the tourney to get a cash prize.

i can see the apeal except i dont practice on just 1 game over and over like i know people who enter the tourneys would. im good but im defo not pro as i have a real life :(

3. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

what it looks like it is free for smaller prizes but for the big ones you have to pay to enter the tourneys etc.

4. ojsampson

ojsampson OJSampson

It basically provides the LAN tournament feel in an online environment. I've been on the site since it was worldgaming about a year ago. It's not just for hardcore guys, because to be honest I'm just a recreational player, but that's not to say I'm some kind of a noob either.

They separate the pro's and the average to weak players with their skill level ranking system, and you have to leave feedback for your opponents after every game which contributes to your "reputation". You have to have a certain amount of rep to join a tournament, and they have skill based tournaments so you don't get matched up with a high level that you would have no chance against. All in all it's a cool site and a wicked idea, and it makes it more interesting for the mature gamer.