1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Outlook 2010 and iCloud control panel

Discussion in 'Software' started by RichCreedy, 1 Nov 2012.

1. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

ok, been working on a customers machine, and passed to a colleague, cos I couldn't work out what was going on, and he is stumped as well.

basically, the customer wants to sync her contacts with icloud and outlook2010, both programs work, but oulook moans that we need to do something with icloud control panel, so we did, it goes part way, then errors saying the icloud control panel needs repairing using programs and features, we both tried this, I have also tried uninstalling it, restarting the machine and reinstalling it, but still the same thing comes up.

my colleague also rolled back to the 1.6 icloud control panel, as some peeps have suggested this fixed their problem, but not in this case.

we did consult another techie guy we are friends with, he said bow out gracefully and tell them to call apple. me being the stubborn type would prefer to find a solution so I am asking you guys. I don't have access to the machine at the moment, but will take on any suggestions and report back if they work.

thanks in advance

EDIT: just realised I placed this in the wrong section, if the mods would like to move it to tech support please

2. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

32 or 64 bit office?

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

32bit just outlook, no other parts of office 2010 on windows 7, cant remember if win7 is 32 or 64 bit

Last edited: 3 Nov 2012
  4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

I'm glad I'm not the only one stumped, lol

5. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

What was the error message from outlook that mentioned iCloud Control Panel?

Is the add in showing as active in the outlook add ins dialogue?

Have you tried uninstalling both products and reinstalling?