1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Need help reverting from CC back to CS6

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by allegrahangen, 31 Jul 2015.

1. allegrahangen

allegrahangen What's a Dremel?

First of all, I'm on a Mac. I had CC downloaded for almost a year until I got fed up with paying $30 a month for it. I had downloaded the CS6 Suite so I decided to delete CC, as I wouldn't have to continuously pay for the CS6, and still get basically all the same features.

HOWEVER, now I can't manage to install the CS6. I figured it was some hidden CC software I still had left over on my computer so I deleted everything Adobe-related on my computer via an app (I can't remember the exact name now...), but I'm afraid by doing that I messed it up further.

Now, when I try to install, the installer tries to run through Adobe Installer and after a couple seconds I get an error message saying: "Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem." I click on the link to download Adobe Support Advisor, which brings me to an Adobe webpage saying: "Adobe Support Advisor has been discontinued", and suggests that I look at various help pages on the Adobe website.

I'm worried that I deleted important data for the Adobe Installer, but I'm not educated on all of this so I'm not sure what to do (I hope I'm wrong when I assume that there's no way around this).

Can anyone help me out?!
    Thanks in advance

Allegra