1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Credit card companies are sneaky little devils

Discussion in 'General' started by outlawaol, 21 Jul 2008.

1. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

So, my CC company has this utterly retarded "processing time" for their payments. Up to three days! That means if I pay on the day its due I get a late fee anyway, days later tacked on after the payment was received. The fee isnt pleasant either, $34! I am going to call them and complain like a horse stuck in a ditch. :miffed:

I mean how does it take that long to process? Its a friggen electronic transaction! This just really pisses me off as they take advantage of the customer, they should just say pay on XX day to make it to XX day. :wallbash:

:sigh:

Anyone else get pissed at the "companies" because of underhanded tactics? By the way, my old CC changed hands to this new one, and so far I am not impressed with them. My old one would apply the payment the day it was submitted.

2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Meh. This happened to me when i first started using credit cards (not suggesting you're a n00b or anything), to be honest after the first time not being organised cost me 15 quid or so I just paid it as soon as the bill came in. I've been meaning to set up a direct debit to pay the bill for me, but I probably won't get round to it until I get charged for another late payment. :p

3. RTT

RTT #parp

I don't see how this is underhanded? If payment is due on date X, then you must get it to them by that date. Here in the UK it takes 3 working days for payments to be made* - entered into the system on the first day, processed on the second and cleared on the third, it's called BACS. I assume it's a similar system in the US.

* although it is changing

4. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

working in a banking environment, I have to say many people don't ever read the terms or conditions or ask questions regarding such things. I also am surprised your charged as credits to your cards usually clear for INTEREST purposes only but show up in 3 working days. If it's that big an issue I would create a direct debit for It as mentioned and that way you don't have to worry about it- it's what iv done- i'v never paid any fee's and all it took was a bit of initiative.

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

My statement shows the last date to post and the last date to pay over the counter as well as the "due" date, and I know from occasional late payments that I'm usually given an extra day or two's grace before interest is applied. Nothing sneaky - I curse myself for missing the payment, not the CC company. :duh:

6. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

I agree that they are devious little s***s. Recently I finished paying back a collection agency (on a student loan initiated whilst I was still a student) and accidentally overpaid them after they had quoted me, not taking into account a previous payment I had made. So realising what had happened I had to..

1. wait 3 days for the payment to clear from my bank to theres, not a problem accept this
    2 wait over 2 weeks 'processing time' for them to... well do whatever they do before I can start reclaiming proceedures
    3. start reclaiming from them, for them to tell me that there going to post a cheque in a further 2 weeks from that date

Any legal eagles out there know at which point I can send the bailiffs round?

Tags: