1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Razer Copperhead gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 28 Oct 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

I like my Logitech mx518 better because you can manuelly choose the DPI levels...but overall the razer is a great mouse (I'v played with my friends copperhead)

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

you can manually set the DPI levels on the Razer, on the fly, as I mentioned in the review. ;)

You can also set the polling rate too. If you want, you can create five different profiles with different buttons, different polling rates, different DPI rates and so on.. did I mention you could adjust ALL of that on the fly too?

4. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

You know I keep hearing all this mumbo-jumbo about all these uber-mice. Do they really make that much of a difference? I'm using an HP optical that I hi-jacked from the office, and it works well enough for me. Is there any REAL significance to these mice? Are they worth the ridiculous amount of money they charge for them?

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

I've not looked back since I got a Razer. I'm actually seriously considering modding this CopperHead to make it feel a lot more like the Viper, because the sensitivity is just immense.

It all depends on how you like to hold your mouse - Razer's are more of a finger mouse, where as I feel that the MS and Logitech (even more so) are very palm orientated because of their shape. I am a 'palm' desktop user, but I game with my fingers.

6. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

I think I may be a "finger" person. I wasn't sure which when I clicked reply and started typing this, but I watched my hand as I moved the cursor to the text box, and my palm never touched the mouse. Does this mean this thing might like me?

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

its possible

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

so bigz, want to send us ur old viper then :p then i can be a convert too.

9. acidfire

acidfire What's a Dremel?

Isn't that what these forums are all about? Get to it! On the mouse, I've also got a mx518, and I love the on-the-fly adjustment, makes bf2 flying a breeze :D whats the big difference in the polling rates? what exactly does it affect?

10. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Can't you set mouse sensitivity in games? Why do you need it on the fly?

I've used my mates razer (can't remember which one - it's a year or so old) and I can't stand it, my fingers slip under it - it's wierd. My MX510 is super comfortable, though I hold it with my fingers and not my palm.

It's an obvious and pronounced difference between ball and optical mice but is it the same for optical to laser? I've not noticed much difference between various optical mice when used on a decent surface - though i've never had the luxury of directly comparing.

11. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I wanted to buy the new logitech laser mouse for my gaming needs. And then discovered that is was only useable for righthanded persons. :eyebrow:

So i bought a classic logitech feel mouse instead. :sigh:

The razor looks to be useable for right and left handed people.t I did not see this in the review and would like to know. Tim can you comment on this?

12. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

On-the-fly sensitivity adjust is really nice. If I grab a sniper rifle, *click* I'm now making pixel-by-pixel changes in my aim. If I grab an assault rifle (or shotgun), *click* *click*, and now I spin around completely with a flick of the wrist. Having multiple mouse settings means that you can get very precise (headshot a guy who's three pixels wide), or be able to turn around really fast, which is great when someone starts shooting at your back.

(I love my MX518.)

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

There you go :thumb:

It's symmetrical

14. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Minimodder

I've been waiting on this one, I've got a Diamondback because the logitech's didn't quite seem to fit the way i was holding it, wasn't comfortable, but I like the narrowness and height of the razer. I'll have to try to copperhead out. I usually just keep mine at a sensitivity at 9 or 10 it's pretty crazy when a friend tries to use my computer haha, tries to go the the start menu and over shoots an item like 4 times until he gets it.

15. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

ooo looks like a good mouse... but a little on the expensive side? my current mouse is worth about £4 and is around 3 years old +
    i haven't even got a scroll wheel! for gaming it sux0rz :O

16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

OMGZ, you suck! Get a new mouse! :hehe:

Ohhh: 3000th Posteh! WOOT :p (I have no life)

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

It's easy to say for sure. Does the bottom of your palm(the bit you'd hit someone with in the nose if you wanted to kill them) sit on the mousemat/surface or on on the mouses arse? If its on the mousemat you're a finger person, if its on the mouse you're a palm person.

Frankly I don't understand why anyone uses mice with their whole hand, you turn the sensitivity right up and you barely need to move your fingers to do anything with a mouse, you can get pricise, quick, accurate adjustments. Getting quick headshots using my whole hand with my mouse would be nigh on impossible for me. Fingers is definately the way forward, and if you don't do it already, give it a go.

Anyway, I agree with MS mice being described as palm mice, but logitech? I can't stand using my 510 with my palm, the surface just doesn't feel nice enough to do that, I'd want some sort of nice rubber grip on the back for it to be any good as a palm mouse. Its fingers all the way on the 510 for me.

The review is very intresting though, and I am strongly considering using two mice now, a logitech wireless one with zillions of buttons for desktop and app use, and a razor Copperhead with its two big proper buttons(ok it has more, but the two huge ones is what its about) for games.

18. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

lol you made that quite ovious :) :hehe:

i have a life :)

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Bah, just get a new mouse... /me storms off! :p

20. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Using a logitech G5 here and I rest my palm on the mouse mat... I can't imagine using it any other way unless you have really tiny hands?! There is no way I would call it a 'palm' mouse - but then as the review states, it is all fairly subjective!

The one big difference between the G5 and the Razor is that the G5 has leds on it so you know which of the 5 profiles it is set to. I find this feature v useful as I use a different profile for pretty much every different task - gaming, photoshop, browsing - as it is always nice to know what setting your on from just looking at the mouse without having to wonder what it was on to start with and then working out how many clicks away the setting you want is.

Tags: Add Tags