1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD financials show slowing losses

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 19 Apr 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. rollo

rollo Modder

AMD have been selling alot of stuff and renting it back like there headquaters to reduce the loses. The real losses are closer to 330million give or take. Which is still nearly 1/3rd of there total backup money pot.

They are betting on a the console miricle ( not the only company to be doing this ) sales of wii u, ps vita, 3ds have been very poor, I just don't know if the console sales will be enough considering the rumours that a ps4/ new xbox will not even see a eu launch this year.

Fact is AMD is now ripe for a buyout. Alot of people will be shocked if apple / Samsung don't make some form of buyout proposal as the company is not worth enough to reject a offer of any size. Even if its just a buyout of the Gpu company from one of them for there smartphone/ tablet ranges.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Of my readers I ask but one thing: that they read. Ahem:
    :p

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Can read more detailed figures elsewhere which is what I did and commented.

5. Gareth Halfacree

If details are what you're after, I'd recommend AMD's official press release. I'll warn you now, though: it makes dry reading.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

well let's see, AMD's stock has always had troubles moving without Intels moving as well.
    (Just that the downturns last longer and the upturns are shorter...resulting in the very low figure we see now)

7. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

That very low figure has been that way for years. Can you imagine being one of those unlucky souls still holding stock they brought for $40 in 2000? Ouch!

You can't say it's mirrored Intels as Intels share price hasn't fallen 94% since 2000.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

I know one guy that holds stock from when they were 40$ :eeek:
    ...I bought at 4€ as it was a steal...at the time :D
    At least I still have hope they may come up to that level again.

(Now my brilliant GM (old) stocks...that's a different story) :duh: